New Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Odette
Odette

Orientation Day Empty Orientation Day

Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:27 am
**The morning following the hostile WRAITHOVER**

Odette:

After all is said and done I make my way down to the holding cells to meet my new crew.

Nightwasp of course, follows after me Wink

"My fellow Wraith, I trust you had a good sleep and my sincerest apologies for the bumpy start in our relationship as I had rather hoped we could come to some form of alliance so it did not have to come to this."

I clasp my hands together as I observe each of them with playful intrigue.

"Now I know you are all wondering, if you have not already sensed, what has become of your Queen."

I smile.

"She's dead. I'm in charge now."

I wander over to the drone known as 232 curiously.

"Does anyone know what plagued her?"

I question her illness wondering if it was contagious.

Flux
Flux
https://tlg-rp.rpg-board.net/

Orientation Day Empty Re: Orientation Day

Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:58 am
Scientist that did NOTHING this whole time for Jean. Grimweb (JayJay named him Webster)

https://64.media.tumblr.com/8f568b1f5b0a760a9702b3619683aaea/2595b1d63cebdef5-0a/s640x960/60bd50a8c49db0f9a1b4de60397c1b569adcf434.jpg

I dont say anything because she'll have my head. I look down and look up trying to ponder if this was better or worst then JEAN.

I dont know why the other guys like her so much, she was a halfbreed.

I slick my long hair back nervously JUDGEING Jean but under my white lab coat uniform I had on a rockband tee and boxers from all the Atlantis stuff John brought into Jean's mom's world.

I would have been LOYAL if she was John's kid but Ben is a FREAKING mOnSteR so I she scared me senseless. She and her BLOBFISH MAN

If things are less FREAKY HERE I'll be happy for once in my sad little life
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://new-adventures.forumotion.com

Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:14 pm
Bond:

“NO!”

I cry out when the Thorn Queen gives us the news. I try in vain to seek out our Queen’s mind… only to find it absent.

“How did it happen?!”

I MUST know who was responsible! It looks like no one from our side was awake to witness what took place. Of course, if it was a rival Queen, then I have no rights to take my revenge. But if it was JayJay or his doctor son, then I can hunt them down and…  Evil or Very Mad

I am distracted away from thoughts of vengeance when I am asked a question. I do not accept this new Queen as MY Queen, but I still feel compelled to answer her.

“Insecurity. That’s what plagued her. If we’d just been able to convince her that she didn’t need to change, that she was perfect just as she was, then none of this would’ve happened.”

I’m sure the entire crew feels the EXACT SAME WAY.

…Except maybe 232, who is still dancing. *No one ordered him to stop*
Odette
Odette

Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:36 pm
Odette:

I frown at the Wraith who remained silent (Grimweb) before the dashing young soldier known as, Bond, startles me with his dramatic response.

"Well aren't you a passionate one?"

I smile playfully before cosying up to his side of the cell - very much enjoying his response.

"Awe.. poor thing."

I make a pouty face as Jean's Commander gives me a dark look.

I check the old man out for for a moment before returning my attention back to the young one.

"I'm afraid that exact same insecurity is what did her in. She started a fight she could not finish and thus found herself and her companions floating outside the ship."

I respond truthfully, with some unspoken implication that Jay and his nameless conrad were the one to blame ;D

Nightwasp eyes the quiet scientist in the cell suspecting his offensive human clothing even from where he stood Wink

"But cheer up cutie, for you're with me now and I have great plans to bring us all to prosperity!"

I back away from him and address the lot with a dramatic gesture.

"There is a war upon us and although this adorable hive has-"

I notice the dancing drone and pause for a moment.

"Stop dancing."

I command before continuing my spiel.

"-as I was saying, we are at war and this adorable research vessel has been out of the game long enough."

The baby kicks and I wince a little at ALL THE DISTRACTIONS.

"We have our work cut out for us with finding the remaining hives still in existence and banding together to fight our common enemy and overall extinction that is."

As we certainly aren't breeding our way out of this one that is for sure..

"Now I do have a few side projects and a closet full of heads but bare with me, as I will not lead you to disaster but rather a victorious future where we will not just survive but regain our rightful place in the galaxy once and for all now who is WITH ME!"

*bird chirping.*

That speech sounded alot better in my head.
Flux
Flux

Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:03 pm
Grimweb:

Bond answers Jean's 'condition' was insecurity. I think she would have preferred a more scientific response....

That drone was still dancing...

*looks away awkwardly*

*slow claps for Odette's speech after the silence was to awkward not too*

Admin
Admin
Admin
https://new-adventures.forumotion.com

Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:05 am
Bond:

There was a time I would have given anything to have a Queen, any Queen, take such an interest in me. But now… now my loyalties rest with another.

I ignore the Thorn Queen’s prods, but I do take note when she talks about what happened to our Queen.

“’Started a fight’… But you attacked us, did you not? I beg you, speak plainly: who killed my Queen?”

I am a man with a big heart but NOT a big brain! I do not understand her implications!

But wait…

“Floating outside, you say?”

I try to hide my HOPE that my Queen may still be alive! Did we not pull her out of space just last month?

((She could still be out there!))

I mind-whisper to the Commander while Queen Odette is distracted by 232. He stops his dancing shenanigans, for now at least.

I only half listen to the speech, as I wonder what my next move should be. If the Queen was still alive in space, could she survive on her own? Or would her injuries mean that she needs our help? Should I play along with the Thorn Queen for now, and attempt to track her down?

I stare at the Commander, hoping for guidance!

I glance over as a scientist whose name I do not know seemingly mocks the new Queen. SUCH loyalty to Jean, how inspiring!
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:08 am
The Commander:

What a depressing turn of events indeed!

Nonetheless I remain compliant as it was after all the natural order of things.

Queen Odette looked disappointed at our lack of response, or more accurately, Bond's unwavering loyalty to Queen Jean.

I nudge him in the ribs to keep quiet, his dangerous questions could likely be his death sentence if he was not careful.

(Odette) "What does it matter?!"

She snaps at him.

(Odette) "She is dead now get over it!"

She looks towards Nightwasp seemingly distracted by her very own conversation with him.

Thank the stars she did not hear Bond's projected mind speak! Orientation Day 1f62b

"We will discuss this later."

I whisper to him as Odette summons a drone to our cage.

(Odette) "Let them out Buttercup and show them to their stations! Remember you are all outnumbered 4 to one and should you try anything, I am not above forcing your compliance!"

She gives a directed look at Bond before approaching the scientist (Grim) and engaging in a separate discussion.

(Nightwasp) "This way."

He smiles darkly at us as I am first to follow.

Once out of earshot I whisper back to Bond in response.

"You must not question Odette's authority or question or Queen's death any further. There may be hope she is still alive but we must go about our mission in secret lest we be discovered. The Wraith collective is not a secure way to communicate our thoughts."

I whisper while keeping a close eye on Nightwasp.

Odette
Odette

Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:28 am
Odette:

I wander over to the scientist and ask the question I should have directed to him in the first place.

"What plagued your Queen?"

Flux
Flux

Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:36 am
Grimweb:

I get pulled aside and await my trip to deep space. Whatever man.

Unfornatenly the new Queen just wants to know Queen Jean's medical history.

"She was the basterd offspring of the hybrid Michael's abomination experiment, she was trying to rid herself of his taint. There was much research done with live animal specimens and plant samples, she was trying to make a cure for her aliment, but many of us thought she could never be pure wraith. Jayshadow went to the hybrid's territory to find the serum used on the traitor experiment Bane. He brought one of the doctors to help her but he made things worst and she was unable to put up a fair fight with you mid treatment."

*slips up words there*

Odette
Odette

Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:10 am
Odette:

I tap my chin at his detailed response before looping arms with him and leading the scientist to the lab.

It was where he was going anyways..

"Interesting, and did you think your dead Queen fought fair?"

I ponder out loud before playfully fluttering my eyelashes at him.

"I have a job for you.. Grimweb is it?"

I pull from his mind.

"Our science department consists of 16 separate labs, 20 now including yours. I myself, am not much of a scientist though I do dabble with torture from time to time."

I prattle on out of boredom or perhaps to intimidate? Who knows!

"Anyhow, among the many projects I have underway, one of which is rapid reproduction."

I let him go in order to clasp my hands together in devious thought.

"To expedite the growing process between fetus to mature adult would be most ideal."

I smirk a little before stopping partway down the hall.

"Drones are easy to produce. Queens, soldiers even scientists.. not so much."

I laugh.

Really, I should know..

"Without saying, a discovery such as this could really turn the tides of war don't you think?"

I tilt my head at him studying his face to see just what kind of scientist he was.

He worked for Jean so he must be twisted.

I give him an unassuming look.
Flux
Flux

Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:35 am
Grimweb:

I awkwardly follow and listen to Queen Thornblood. How excited to hear there was SO many labs. I slightly brighten up from my apathetic stance at those words Wink

"You sound much more capable then my old Queen..so many resources."
I muse over her ideas. It sounded plausible if not a little excessive. Her reasoning was noble unfornatenly in the wake of what has transpired.

"There should be a way to modify a drone chamber, the hybrid has cloning facilities though I believe they produce children. If we could study some of these technologies, and adapt for our own purposes.."

I did not want to promise a success just yet. Making something other then a drone, filling its mind with the missed experience.

"I do have one concern your highness. May I be so bold to ask. Children do not need to feed.. their livelihood is much safer then the chances those like me take every meal...how will this ..army not starve?"

I ponder if she had a way to feed all these wraith on so many hives. Would we be scarified? Did she have a secret stash?

Odette
Odette

Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:39 am
Odette:

I watch the scientist brighten and am satisfied I peeked his interest.

Perhaps not all is lost with this crew after all?

I think smugly to myself before answering his proposal.

"An interesting proposition. You seem to know quite a lot of the Kingdom side of things. Why is that?"

I question him cautiously before addressing his concern.

"Ah yes.."

The food dilemma posed by Michael.. and cloning Wraith children only delayed the inevitable really.

"Could we not develop a cloning system for our "clean" human captives as well?"

Again, I was note a scientist and these matters were beyond me, we were all taking a risk daily with what we had in storage.
Flux
Flux

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:53 am
Grimweb:

I blink confused how she could not know all the hybrid king's tricks as a queen. Perhaps she really was so pure and has been somehow non exposed to all the horrors he sends out against us.

"He seems to be the main foe now we did not struggle with much wraith..till you...." I say modestly with a head dip. In a way I could understand Bond. It seemed.. a waste for Odette and Jean's fight to end the way it did. SO dramatic.

"Its possible.."

I ponder her words. I do not think we could make humans with the same wraith system. We would have to take one of the hybrid's devices and make sure its not contaminated or reverse engine back enough... it. It worried me. There was so many ways to get containanated now...

"Yes we need a clean sample we can try. it would not have to be complex like a wraith... the bare minimum."
Bond
Bond

Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:15 pm
Bond:

I may not be as smart as some of the scientists, but I’m pretty sure I have my answer when Queen Odette once again avoids the question of WHO killed our Queen.

“Would you want YOUR men to just ‘get over it’ if YOU were the one who died?” I snap at her callousness.

A few of the men give me warning glances, worried that came over as a threat. But of course I would never threaten a Queen, even under these circumstances.

I numbly follow the Commander – if I can even call him that anymore? Surely this new scary male is Queen Odette’s Commander? But I do not know his true name, so that is the only way I can think of him.

I listen to his advice, but find it not to my taste. It’s in my nature to want to stand out, and wear my heart on my sleeve, not slink about in the shadows. I do not think I would make a very good spy Wink

“Forgive me, Commander. I do not know if what I am about to do is the wisest course of action. I trust you to save our Queen, should I fail.”

I whisper to him, before addressing Nightwasp.

“I will go no further. I would speak with your Queen, if she would see me. Otherwise, I will remain in the cells.”

Before he can stop me, I turn around and walk back the way we came.
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:17 pm
Nightwasp:

I scowel at the young soldier's nerve.

He will not last long.

I think darkly to myself before leading our new members to their stations.

The young soldier rebels part way down the hall and for once I do not confront him for the pleasure I would have watching our Queen decapitate his pretty little head.

(The Commander) "Bond!"

He shouts after him, trying to pursue him further but another soldier stops him from making any progress.

I follow the soldier known as Bond to his cell and lock him up before obediently returning to our beloved Queen's side.

(Odette) "You have my permission to proceed. Whatever you require speak to Nightwasp and he will make the appropriate arrangements."

Her eyes glazed over a bit as our Queen did not concern herself much with the minor details of the fleets objectives and much of what the scientist said was beyond her.

"The young soldier known as Bond requests your presence."

(Odette) "Already?"

She grinds her teeth in annoyance before glancing back at the scientist carefully.

(Odette) "Any more questions?"
Flux
Flux

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:05 pm
Grimweb:

I nod at the new Queen's instructions.

"Uh yes I will speak to the other scientists, hopefully become acquainted with the progress thus far in your other labs, we should by....tomorrow have a ..report of the necessaries to proceed into experiential testing levels. Thank you.."

*bows slightly feeling nervous at the new commander as someone from our crew was already in trouble it seems. Bond*

Guy is a gonner...

I can only hope all the other scientists notes and data will distract me for hours on end and I can miss his excution.
Odette
Odette

Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:56 pm
Odette:

I nod my head in acknowledgment at Grimweb's report before storming my way to the holding cells with Nightwasp at my heels.

Tried the sugar, now for some spice..

I pull out a retractable rod from my belt when Nightwasp opens the cell doors for me and snap it across the back of the boy's legs so he falls into a kneeling position.

"I am very disappointed in you Bond. Your dead Queen may have allowed such behavior from her crew but I on the other hand, do not."

I circle around him so that we are facing each other.

But I suppose that is what you get when you leave a scientist in charge of their very own hive..

"I'm afraid you don't truly understand your position here."

I rip open his shirt and feed on him to the point of ALMOST depletion before reverse feeding him back to his current condition.

This little one needed to be broken..

I stroke his porcelain chin with my claw before proceeding.

"I do not answer to you, understand? You answer to me."

I straighten up and circle around him in thought.

"But since you desire a plain response, let me give you one."

I lean in towards his ear and whisper from behind.

"I killed her, I killed your Queen."

I back away with a hiss, and circle around to face him.

His defiance is a cancer that must be snuffed out before it spreads to the remaining crew.

"Her death upsets you, so what exactly are you going to do about it?"

I observe him closely for a reaction in order to determine my next move.
Bond
Bond

Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:41 pm
Bond:

While I wait to see if Queen Odette deems to talk to me, I try to tamp down my emotions and practice the calm, well-mannered speech I have planned in my head. The Thorn Queen may not be my Queen, but she is a Queen. Despite all she has done, it is still my duty as a wraith to treat her with respect.

I begin to address her politely when I see her approaching my cell door.

“Thank you, for agreeing to speak with m-”

*Gets WHACKED to the floor by Odette’s stick*

She begins to berate me, and before I can even think of how to reply to that, I literally get the life sucked out of me.  I am already in such EMOTIONAL pain at the loss of my Queen, it takes the edge off the physical pain. But it is still EXTREMELY unpleasant, and for a minute all I can do is pant and listen to her tell me off. Clearly she does not care whether or not we’re at the point of chin-stroking in our relationship just yet Wink

Then she finally confesses to what she has done. A part of me wants to TEAR HER LIMB FROM LIMB AND FEED HER TO THE BLOBFISH! But I remind myself that my Queen might need me, if she is still alive in space! I need to leave this hive as soon as possible, and that means convincing Queen Odette to let me go.

“What am I going to do about it? I’m going to show you what it means to be a soldier of Queen Jean! I know that you and other Queens believe her to be impure, unworthy to be called a wraith Queen. But she is a true wraith Queen, in every sense that matters! She believes in our cause, as you do, and I will not dishonour her by breaking our laws. So you have nothing to fear from me. No matter how angry I am at you for what you have done, I will not lay a hand on you.”

In any case, if my Queen is alive, I’m sure she’d want the pleasure of revenge herself!

I get to my feet, not wanting to be kneeling in front of the Thorn Queen as I say this next part.

“I came to these cells because I cannot serve you. I cannot name you as my Queen, not after what you did. Nor will I lie and call myself your loyal soldier, whilst working against your interests behind your back. That would be treason, especially as you fight to save our kind.

The way I see it, there can be three outcomes.

You may kill me, as is your right. This I do not fear, since I would die knowing that I had served my Queen to the end. But I do believe it would be a waste, given our kind’s situation.

You could use your Queenly abilities to force me to serve you, and I would have no choice but to obey. But know this: now that I have declared my true loyalty, I would not be your soldier, but your prisoner. And so I would not consider it treason to rebel should I find any opportunity.

Or, since I cannot serve you with an honest heart, you could allow me to leave your hive with honour. Allow me to fulfil my obligation to my Queen. I would look for her. And should I find her remains, I would perform the death rites, as is tradition, and so that she will never fall into Michael’s hands.”

*Has to word that last part pretty carefully, so he is technically being honest  Orientation Day 1f607 *

“I stand before you as an honest soldier, who has told you nothing but the truth. The decision is yours to make; it is as you say, I am the one who must answer to you. But whatever the outcome, at least I will know that I did not spend my last days pretending to be someone I’m not. So, what are you going to do?”
Odette
Odette

Fri Mar 01, 2024 12:21 am
Odette:

I stare at the stubborn soldier for a long while before eventually rubbing my temples in exasperation.

He was clearly in love and not thinking rationally.

I could torture him more but what good would that do? If I let him go it would send a dangerous message to the rest of the armada and I needed all the help I could get piloting my fleet. If I killed him it would solve me alot of trouble but in our current position it would be.. such a waste.

He was pure.. which was quite hard to come by nowadays.

Perhaps, with some time he will get over his old Queen.

It was worth a try?

I eventually lean forward and look the handsome young Wraith in the eyes and without a word, caress his mind with my own, slowly bending his will to my desire.

This was the only way..

I turn to Nightwasp when I am finished and give him a look to which he understood.

I would be relying on him heavily now as I needed to supervise this new soldier in his current state.

The situation wasn't ideal but at least a proper example of him would be made to the rest of the crew.

I hoped for all our sakes there would be no more defiance after this.

"How are you feeling Bond?"

I ask gently.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:06 am
Grimwolf:

I played dead during the battle. I could sense that Grimweb was in no danger, and I wasn’t about to stick my neck out for a dying queen. If Odette hadn’t killed Jean, her sickness likely would have.

Once the coast is clear, I make my way to the feeding chamber. A change of leadership means we’re back to being bottom of the pecking order. Food is scarce, and if there aren’t enough humans to go around, we’ll be the ones going hungry.

I gorge myself on as many humans as I can manage. Poison is always a concern, but I decide starvation is currently the greater threat. Once I’m done, I slink off to a corner of the ship where no one will look for me.

When the rest of the crew are released, I track down Grimweb. I stay out of sight while he is with the new queen, and emerge once the coast is clear.

“Hold still.”

I waste no time in reverse-feeding him half of what I took, who knows when we’ll get another opportunity.
Bond
Bond

Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:53 am
Bond:

I feel it as my mind begins to slip away.

My plan failed. I’m so sorry my Queen, I couldn’t save you.

My thought patterns change, altering in whatever way they have to so that I will obey the Thorn Queen.

I feel my old insecurities rise to the surface. I am nothing. I am just another face in the crowd. I exist only to serve my Queen. One day, I will die in her service. And as time passes, all traces of my existence will fade. No one will remember me. I will not have meant anything to anyone. That is neither good nor bad, it simply is. It was foolish of me, to think that I could live any other way. It was foolish of me, to be so attached to my old Queen. She was defeated, she is dead, and now I have a new Queen to serve.

I cannot fathom why I ever cared enough to resist.

“All former weakness has been removed. Thank you, my Queen. I am at your command.”
Grimweb
Grimweb

Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:13 pm
Grimweb:

I sigh in relief. Feeling stronger for sure, the queen didn't even mention when I could feed and gave me alot of work. I needed every ounce of life force working something so theoretical and was grateful for Wolfie taking the chance.
"Thank you. " I say with a smile before dropping it soberly again.

((What do you think so far?)) I ask of this new situation we were all thrust it, knowing he was observing from wherever he was, he was so smart.

I wanted to ask if he thought Bond was dead but I decide against it. I just hope we arent all group punished for it. I wanted to believe the new Queen wouldn't waste wraith lives like that. Her passion to stop the hybrid king from destroying the species made so much sense.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:22 pm
Grimwolf:

I nod in acknowledgement at Webster’s thanks. Normally I’d give him more than half, but it’s in both our interests for me to keep my strength up. I need to be able to protect him.

He asks for my appraisal of the situation.

((Hard to say, changes like these are always unpredictable. But we’ve been here before, and we’re still breathing.))

First our birth hive, then Atlantis, then Jean’s hive, and now Odette’s. I’m sure Webster knows the drill, but I remind him anyway.

((Keep your head down, do what your told, don’t cause trouble. And if anyone gives you a hard time, you come to me.))

My brother liked the Atlantis soldiers’ clothes, I much preferred their guns.

“What does the Queen want with Bond?”

I ask, having missed everything in the cells.
Odette
Odette

Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:16 pm
Odette:

I smile at the young soldier which I discovered from his mind was known as Bond.

What an interesting name.

I feared it would remind him of his old Queen somehow so I change it to something else.

"I think I am going to call you Bee. Bees work quite hard for their hive don't they? They also are quite beneficial to all sorts of flowers including roses. Granted the males die shortly after they mate but we kept that from happening to you now didn't we?"

I make a dark joke at his expense before looping arms with him and leading him to the hives control station.

"Your mind is in a delicate place I imagine, but do not fret, we will work through things together."

I reassure him as we pass Buttercup with 232 who was looking quite frustrated with our new drone.

I try not to giggle as we approach the command room so that I can show Bee off.

(The Commander) "Bo-?"

"This is Bee."

I interrupt playfully, allowing his former crew to see what he has become.

Drones 586 and 999 hold their hands to their face masks in SHOCK.

"He will be attending as my personal guard while  Nightwasp will be advising you on where to take our fleet next.  Do be patient with Bee as he is still adjusting to his new position."

The Commander looks at the young soldier rather startled but was wise enough not to vocalize his discomfort before I turn around and lead Bee to the next station ;D
Grimweb
Grimweb

Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:52 pm
Grimweb:

I nod numbly at the reminder Grimwolf gives me. Nothing was ever stable for us. I think of how much emotion Bond had and how much effort JD put into it..and for what?
Its best not to care, it hurts too much to loose.

((Understood.)) I touch his shoulder in understanding for a moment. Being here put him in danger too. This wasnt like Jean's hive, this was a real war.

My brother asks about Bond, I wish I did not hear what I did when the new commander came to tell her.  I suck in a breath.

"Bond... requested her presence and she left me to see him. I have no idea what happened." I make a cringe face at the thought of a male doing that to a Queen. It reeked disrespect and I could only fear the worst.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum