New Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bond
Bond

Orientation Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Orientation Day

Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:51 pm
Bee:

My Queen prefers that I use a new name. I cast aside the old one without a second thought. I am Bee now.

I have no reaction to her metaphors, thinking poetically would be a waste of time for a soldier.

I am confused when my Queen says that my mind is a delicate place. It has not been this clear in a long time.

“I am not compromised. You need not fear, my Queen. I am sure you have more important tasks to attend to. Though I will not question your orders.”

I glance over as 232 refuses to side-step so Buttercup can enter a room. He considers side-stepping a dance move, and he has been ordered to stop dancing.

I am taken to the command room, and see my old-

“What should I call him? Is he still the Commander of this vessel?”

I glance at him, my face devoid of any emotion. I only ask, so that I do not refer to him in a manner which will offend my Queen.

I follow my Queen as she wishes to lead me somewhere else it seems.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:41 pm
Grimwolf:

I put my hand over Webster’s, when he places it on my shoulder.

((You don’t need to worry about me…))

Thinking long-term, this may be for the best. From what I overheard, Odette seems serious about fighting Michael. If she’s as competent as she is flamboyant, her efforts could increase the wraiths’ power. Which would increase mine and Webster’s chances of survival.

I’d rather fight for that, than tracking down another one of Jean’s beasts. All she seemed to care about was curing her own ‘condition’, like it mattered. The ones who liked her didn’t care, and the ones that didn’t like her never would have accepted her.

I share these thoughts with Webster, so he knows I’m not afraid of the upcoming war.

Webster’s face confirms what I was thinking about Bond.

“He’s a loose cannon. Let’s avoid him as much as we can, so no one associates us.”

If he’s even still alive to avoid.
Odette
Odette

Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:58 am
Odette:

"Your former Commander is to be referred to as.."

Shit..

"Dragonfly... because he's..... old."

(The Commander) "...thanks."

He responds sarcastically to the slam and I shrug a little before proceeding.

"Let's go see how our new scientists are doing shall we?"

I bring him to Grimweb's scene making sure he is aware of Bond's punishment too.
Grimweb
Grimweb

Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:57 pm
Grimweb:

My brother shares his feelings with me, I do think he would be happier fighting the war. Maybe we all would be now. The isolated missions weren't helping us feed or come out of the shadows. It was just hard for me to truly believe this Queen Thorn would win. It felt like all I known has been the fight against the hybrid king and it was endless.

"I never associated much with Bond and do not plan too." I nod assuring I would stay clear and take his warning.

But then I sense....

They are coming. I knew he sensed it too so I don't say it. I knew my brother would not make a fool of himself meeting her. I try not to worry and stand up gathering the notes and such back into my hands. I can only hope we are all not being punished for Bond's emotional grief. I share with my brother some of the thoughts and ideas I was assigned too to catch him up..

About possibly cloning not only clean food and worshipers for us again but .. wraith. It was a big job and even if he cant help scientist wise. I believed it would be many battles to secure these faculties from the hybrid.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:13 pm
*Wolfie waiting for Odette to arrive*

Orientation Day - Page 2 Wolfie10
Odette
Odette

Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:42 pm
Odette:

I walk into the science lab and am completely taken off guard by the new guy.

Woah.. what is with those eyes?  What a Face

I laugh and wander right up to him almost forgetting about Bee behind me.

"You're new?"

I search his mind and try not to snort at what I found.

Usually I disprove of such cowardice in battle but as he was fighting for Jean.. meh *Shrugs shoulders*

"It seems we have a few late introductions to make, but best we all get well acquainted now so there aren't any further misunderstandings in the future."

I look at the two brothers in amusement.

"Bee and I are making our rounds, he seems to be settling in quite nicely to his new position don't you think?"

I search Grimweb's mind for his name because I can and continue my spiel.

"I presume Grimweb is filling you in?"

I ask Grimwolf with a dark look, wondering what the soldier was doing in the science lab.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:03 am
Grimwolf:

Well, this Queen has no qualms about jumping into people’s minds. It’s good to know. Whatever she sees in my head, she doesn’t seem to care.

She introduces us to ‘Bee’. I guess this means ‘Bond’ won’t be causing us any more problems. It’s a relief, one less thing to trouble Webster. He’ll need focus for his new project.

*Bee stares straight ahead. He doesn’t seem out-of-it, just extremely stoic. He wasn’t ordered to say anything or asked any questions, so he remains silent.*

Odette asks if I’m up to date. So she’s familiar enough with our old crew to know I’ve been absent? She must have spoken to them while I wasn’t there.

“Seems like you might need to attack some hybrid cloning facilities. I can help with that.”

*Smiles darkly*
Grimweb
Grimweb

Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:12 am
Grimspider:

I stare at Bond NEVER having seen him like that before. He looked like the Commander....so serious. Queen Thornblood calls him Bee.

What?
My brother seemed to understand what it meant something about a new position here and rounds. Maybe I was too 'young' to understand was he like a drone bee now? Im confused but DONT WANT TO KNOW MORE.

I just give a thumbs up as she and my brother talk.
Odette
Odette

Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:55 am
Odette:

I tilt my head at Grimwolf.

He was smart, clearly he understood all that was being said and all that was not during our exchange.

Good.

"I look forward to seeing your work."

I respond to his offer before taking note of Grimspider.

Such a strange fellow..

I turn to exit the lab with Bee and on my way out I choose to test him.

"Bee why don't you go to the control room and see if Dragonfly requires any assistance. Say your Queen asks that we plot a course to the nearest hybrid planet."

I instruct wanting to see how he does on his own without my presence.
Bond
Bond

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:13 pm
Bee:

After my Queen checks on the Grim brothers, I am given new orders.

“As you wish, my Queen.”

I walk over to the control room. On my way, I spot a mirror on the wall. I walk straight past it, not even checking my hair since there would be no purpose in making sure it looks stylish.

I arrive at my destination and locate Dragonfly.

“Dragonfly. The Queen requests that I offer you assistance. You are to plot a course to the nearest hybrid planet.”
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:28 pm
Grimwolf:

Our new queen seems distracted with ‘Bee’, as I must now remember to call him. She doesn’t give me any orders, beyond asking that I fight in the next battle.

“Is there anything I can help you with?”

I ask Grimweb after she leaves, since he seems to be the busy one.

I noticed his earlier confusion over Bee. Perhaps the personality shift startled him. For better or worse, things were more relaxed on Jean’s hive. I don’t even think she'd have changed anyone's name, I don't think she even knew most of them. It’s been a while since we’ve been on a more traditional hive.

((Queens have powers far beyond ours. That’s why it’s not a good idea to antagonise one. Take what happened to Bee as a lesson, but don’t let it worry you. She doesn’t have any reason to do that to you.))
Hybrid
Hybrid

Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:34 pm
Dragonfly:

Poor Bond, he really should have kept his mouth shut..

I think to myself before sensing his presence near.

When he approaches he has the most peculiar set of instructions for me.

"A hybrid world? Are we really in a position for a full scale attack? Even with 5 hives that-"

I stop myself from saying anything further and remember my place.

"Very well.."

I type in the coordinates trying to think.

"Queen Odette is really something isn't she?"

I question, trying to determine if there was any part of Bond still there at all.
Bond
Bond

Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:11 pm
Bee:

I observe as Dragonfly carries out the Queen’s orders. His initial reluctance does not concern me, so long as he does the job.

He asks me a question about our Queen, but I do not understand his meaning.

“Really something what?”

*Tilts head with emotionless face*
Hybrid
Hybrid

Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:02 am
Dragonfly:

Bond has zero expression.

"Like so much different than the last one right?"

*Smiles awkward.*

Bond
Bond

Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:04 am
Bee:

“Queen Odette and Queen Jean are two different people, yes.”

I state the very obvious fact, unsure why he might be confused on the matter.

I do feel… strange… when I say my former Queen’s name…

I try to think why that might be... Perhaps it is because I do not wish to offend my Queen by mentioning her old adversary?
Hybrid
Hybrid

Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:04 am
Dragonfly:

I blink at Bond stunned.

Queen Odette got him good.

(Odette) ((Dragonfly, we are fast approaching our destination. Go to Grimweb and request the list of items he requires for his research, then take Bee, Grimwolf and a few drones to the surface to assist with retrieval. Do not fail me.))

She orders and I can't help but stiffen.

"Seems like the Queen has given us new marching orders."

I get up when the armada drops from hyperspace and we near our destination. Our ships are cloaked.

"This way.."

I say to Bond-I mean Bee and take him ALL THE WAY BACK to the science lab.

"You have a list?"

I march into scene in a mood.

Grimweb
Grimweb

Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:02 am
Grimweb:

I relax when she is gone but I believe it went..well?

Wolfie asks what he can do to help.

"Alot of our stuff got tossed around can you help me clean this place up...?"

I ask knowing his strength we will get the area back to looking decent and I already connected with the other hive's scientists on Wraithbook to await their intell. We needed alot of extra supplies here.... Jean used alot up in all the experiments and the battle wrecked more of what little we had.

I listen at what my brother explains the power of Queens and what happened to Bond was a good lesson. I mean.. Bee.

((I will, that is terrifying. Without our individuality what are we but drones..))

Poor Bee.... but all the more reason to stay away from him.

I check my messages as the other science lab's give me some lists of what they can spare. Luckily Grandps (The Commander) comes in and requests a list.

Oh good I thought we'd all have to split supplies between the hives for a bit till something happened.. I am so shocked they were already planning to load the armanda up!

The Queen is very productive indeed.

"Yes here are lists from all the hives in what we are short on."

*sends to Wraithbook*
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:47 pm
Grimwolf:

I nod and assist Webster with the clean-up.

After telling Webster it is best to avoid Bee, he joins us once again.  Rolling Eyes

I must spend even more time with him, as we are allocated a mission together with the old commander. I get the sense that Odette is testing him, and maybe even the old commander, seeing whether they’ll turn traitor once they leave the hive. I’m not sure what it means for me. Does she trust me to deal with them and continue the mission if things go sideways? Or is this my own test?

Either way, I don’t intend on failing. If Bee tries to run, I’ll shoot him in the back.

I notice Webster on Wraithbook.

((Change your queen to Odette, and remove Jean from your allies list.))

I don’t want to give the new queen any reason to question us.
Hybrid
Hybrid

Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:22 pm
Dragonfly:

I look at the list and sigh.

There are some very heavy items on this list.

Will definitely need to take a few drones..

"Well, we best be off then."

I look over at Grimwolf then at "Bee" and hesitate slightly before another enters our scene.

(Nightwasp) "I will be joing you as well to.. supervise."

He gives me an amused expression which I did not take as friendly.

Oh goody..

I lead the way to the dart bay where Jean's research shuttle awaited, rounding up a few drones to take with us along the way.
Grimweb
Grimweb

Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:28 pm
Grimweb:

I make a sound of breath air alarmed and quickly change my status, Queen and Hive and BLOCK Jean.

Yikes that was a close one.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:27 am
Grimwolf:

I ease up slightly when I learn Nightwasp will be joining. The others are less likely to try something in front of him.

I place my hand on Webster’s shoulder in farewell. I know he’s smart enough to handle himself while I’m away, and convey this thought to him, before I depart with the others.

On the way to the shuttle, I address Nightwasp.

“Usually when I attack hybrids, I shoot to kill. Will that be a problem?”

I indicate my holstered pistol that I took from Atlantis. Not sure if Odette expects us to be more ‘traditional’.
Hybrid
Hybrid

Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:22 am
Nightwasp:

"It will not, just be sure to not get blood on yourself or it will upset the Queen."

I respond as I enter the shuttle daring the blond one (Bee) to snap out of his trance.

The elder Wraith now known as Dragonfly, gives the command to take off once we are all inside with the drones and  container of additional weapons for our.perusal.

(Dragonfly) "Without saying we should use extreme.caution when coming in contact with the enemy Hybrids. Rumours of their contagious nature are spreading fast and I am weary what could become of us if we are not careful."

"You had a few on your hive not to long ago I recall."

I mock.him.

(Dragonfly) "Their bold entrance on board was not my.doing."

I tilt my head amused at how easily the old Commder lost control of his hive.

Clearly he was losing his usefulness that much was certain.
Bond
Bond

Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:13 pm
Bee:

The further we travel from the hive, the less… heavy I feel.

I catch sight of my reflection in a knife blade, and tuck an errant strand of hair behind my ear.

Perhaps it is because there is only the four of us, excluding the drones, that I feel more self-conscious. More self-aware. Yes, that must be it. Once we return to the hive, I will melt back into the crew, as is my role.

It… irks me, the way that Nightwasp speaks to Dragonfly. Without thinking about it, I say in my emotionless voice.

“I heard that one among your crew is a brother of Michael. Someone high ranking.”

My former self spent much time on Wraithbook posting ‘selfies’. A waste of time, I now realise, but I did pick up the latest rumours and gossip.

Grimwolf gives me one of his looks for starting drama. But I was only stating a fact... wasn’t I?
Hybrid
Hybrid

Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:26 pm
Dragonfly:

I make a pained expression when Bee joins in with the very snide conversation before it occurs to me.

That is Bond!!

So there is still some of him in there after all!

I smile widely and Nightwasp takes it personal.

(Nightwasp) "What are you smiling at?"

I look back at him startled and straighten up.

"Nothing, nothing at all.."

(Nightwasp) "Good. You misheard, there is no one in this fleet associated with that foul creature."

He corrects Bond looking more annoyed with him than ever before.

I turn to look out the window.

"We have arrived."

I say in an attempt to distract Nightwasp from Bonde.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum