New Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Hybrid
Hybrid

A Risk Worth Taking  Empty A Risk Worth Taking

Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:31 am
**Dragonfly, Nightwasp, Grimwolf and Bee arrive on the Hybrid world, ready to begin their mission.**
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

A Risk Worth Taking  Empty Re: A Risk Worth Taking

Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:22 pm
Grimwolf:

I did not expect that reaction from Nightwasp.

So he’s Michael’s brother, huh? Useful to know...

Dragonfly tells us that we’ve arrived. I automatically switch to telepathy, so that I cannot be overheard by enemy forces.

((Clearing the immediate area.))

I tell Bee to open the shuttle door just slightly, and toss a stun grenade through the gap. After a few seconds, it activates, knocking out any hybrids close to the ship.

((How are we to proceed?))

I ask Nightwasp for further orders.
Hybrid
Hybrid

Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:27 am
Nightwasp:

I did not like the strange silence which followed my denial.

I should have kept silent..

Grimwolf turns to me for instructions regarding the mission after an impressive first display.

"Dragonfly, have you distributed the list?"

(Dragonfly) "I have.."

"Well then, proceed with caution and stick together. Remember looting the enemy lab is our objective, killing Hybrids is just an added bonus."

I confidently lead the way with my choice of weapon at the ready.

Dragonfly soon follows after covering our position as we sneak in and the real fight begins.

A blast whizzes passed my head and I duck before performing a graceful maneuver and taking out the lucky shot, quickly and quietly, we did not want to.draw attention to.ourselves here.

I shoot another who turns the corner as I check each room we pass by for what we need.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:09 pm
Grimwolf:

Nightwasp instructs that our focus should be on retrieving the items. Sounds reasonable. I attach a silencer to my pistol.

I proceed and cover the group from the rear. Partly so I can shoot without getting hit by blood; partly to keep an eye on Bee.

One of the rooms we check seems to some kind of hybrid break room. I recognise the TV from my Atlantis days. A few hybrids are sat around, eating chocolates out of a rose-shaped box and listening to a live news report. They're so engrossed in the show that they take no notice of me.

(Candyfloss on the TV): “Oh, I have absolutely no doubt that mine and Tork’s float will be the most fabulous! Gregorian may have talent, but that can’t beat years of experience!”

(Reporter): “Yes, I believe you and Tork were among the first hybrids to fight Rubyrose?”

Rubyrose? Wasn’t that Odette’s sister?

((This could be to your interest?)) I think to Nightwasp.

(Candyfloss): “That’s right. We lost many comrades over the years, whom we’ll be honouring tonight with our Rubytime float. It’s easy to forget how bestial an opponent Rubyrose was back in her day. But that only goes to show how brilliant our glorious King is for bringing about her defeat! It’s always such a privilege having front-row seats to see her head roll!”
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:55 am
Nightwasp:

I pause and draw back to Grimwolf when he alerts my attention to the news feed.

It seems the Kingdom is going to reenact Queen Rubyrose's death as early as tonight.

This was indeed worth mentioning to Queen Odette, even though it was only a clone.

((Well done Grimwolf))

I congratulate him on his findings before moving fast as time was now of the essence to get what we need and report back to the Queen.

We finally discover a lab along the way and clear the area with speedy efficiency.

Based on Grimweb's list a live specimen was required.

I curse under my breath as drones start taking apart the lab salvaging this and that in accordance with our instructions.

I assist to dismantle a cloning pod, taking the parts most necessary to keep our load light.

Notes, computer tech, chemicals and the like were taken (including all that was in the freezer).

The place was completely left bare.

I wander tensely to the next room and discover several more cloning pods.

Some even with live specimens inside.

(To Odette) ((A live specimen has been requested, what are your orders?))

(Odette) ((No.)))

I grab a syringe off the countertop and fill it with blood from a hybrid that lay inside unconscious before throwing the syringe in an airtight container to bring along.

It was the best we could do.

(To Grimwolf, Dragonfly, Bond and the other drones) ((We must go NOW!))

I snap in urgency as a dead hybrid is discovered in the hallway by one of his companions and an alarm sounds for backup.

Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:05 pm
Grimwolf:

We manage to salvage quite a lot from the cloning base. Grimweb will be pleased.

I give Bee and Dragonfly – now just a lowly soldier like us – something heavy to carry, making it harder for them to run. Now would be a good time, since our retreat will likely be more chaotic than our entry.

We get pinned down halfway back, and I notice a hybrid about to stun Nightwasp. I pull him into the break room for cover. The hybrids inside are taken by surprise, so it’s easy enough to shoot them. I use my stunner, so I don’t draw blood.

The TV is still playing in the background.

(TV Reporter): “As the former Chief Director of the FB-HY, I have to ask, how concerned are you after the events of Hallowraith? A wraith attack after all these years was quite the shock. And I know we were all so disappointed not to see our favourite wraith get executed!”

*An image of Silvanus’ face appears on the side of the screen* [Since Nighty missed him in the Hallowraith thread  A Risk Worth Taking  1f61b  ]

(Candyfloss): “I have spoken to some of my former colleagues, and I am confident that they are making great strides towards identifying the hive responsible. In order not to harm their investigation, I am afraid I can say no more on the matter. But in any case, today is Rubyrose’s day! Let us not take the spotlight away from the queen whose torment deserves an entire holiday all to itself!”

The show moves on to a section about how to bake and decorate wraith head cakepops. I do not think we will get further useful intelligence…
Hybrid
Hybrid

Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:25 pm
Nightwasp:

Grinwolf pulls me into the break room for cover.

It appears we will be shooting our way out of this one.

I fire a few shots, taking down the hybrids in the room as the news report carries on.

I catch a glimpse of Silvanus on the screen and hiss.

Lastlight was truly out of control with his cloning projects. I would hate to imagine who all he had stored away in his lab.

Dragonfly:

I instruct Bond (refuses to refer to him as Bee now Wink ) to drop his supplies.

Our efforts were better spent laying cover fire, as we were already pinned down by enemy hybrids.

Nightwasp and Grimwolf disappear into a side room and I intentionally brush passed Bond and mess up his hair to see what he would do.

*Continues laying down fire as our drones manage to push the enemy back in a retreat. The drones continue to chase after the remaing hybrids so there are no survivors ;D
Bond
Bond

Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:14 pm
Boened:

I follow all of my instructions, questioning nothing.

I carry the supplies, then drop the supplies to provide cover.

I fire only with a single stunner, since it is far more accurate to do so.

After Dragonfly brushes past me, something feels… off…

I get the sudden urge to check my hair, but quickly decide that this is foolish during a battle situation.

… But perhaps firing with two stunners will in fact speed up the process of eliminating the hybrid threat.

*Starts duel-wielding like a badass again*
Hybrid
Hybrid

Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:51 pm
Dragonfly:

I watch Bond's fighting style change up with much more dramatic flare.

Though he did not fix his hair, I take this as another SIGN in our favour.

Should we encounter Queen Jean in the future, as it quite was hard for me to fathom her dead after what she was, she will have no trouble at all getting through to Bond I am sure.

Nightwasp soon enters our scene and Bond starts acting like his alter ego again.

*Sighs*

(Nightwasp) "Back to the shuttle!"

He snaps at the drones trying.to chase off the remaining hybrids before he leads the way back to the ship and we take off back to the hive with our stolen goods.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:35 pm
Grimwolf:

I don’t show it, but I’m relieved when we all make it back to the shuttle. Failing this mission could have got me killed. Succeeding should earn me favour with Odette. These supplies should help Webster prove his worth. And we sniffed out some useful intelligence to boot. Overall, a good start.

I question Nightwasp about some of the hybrid information.

((The wraith attack that was mentioned on the hybrid news show. Was that Queen Odette?))

Knowing she’d already fought the king before and succeeded would increase my respect for her.

Once we make it back to the hive, I ask,

“Shall I take the supplies to the lab?”

It’ll give me an excuse to check in on Webster.

*Bond is fully back to Bee, so is doing nothing of note.*
Hybrid
Hybrid

Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:15 pm
Nightwasp:

Grimwolf asks of the attack on the news.

((No.. I do not know who that was.))

I respond frankly as I exit our shuttle.

Before I can respond to Grimwolf's next inquiry Queen Odette enters our scene.

(Odette) "Nice work gentlemen."

She eyes our cargo with much intrigue.

(Odette) "Grimwolf take these to your brother will you. I'm sure he is quite eager to get to work."

She answers his question so I don't have to.

(Odette) "Let us walk."

She eyes Dragonfly and Bee to follow after.

(Odette) "Your report?"

She asks as we make our way down the hall.

"We picked up all the supplies needed by the science labs to begin their research, all of course but the exception of the live specimen."

(Odette) "Very good Nightwasp, and how did your team fair?"

Her eyes wander to Bee for a moment before making their way over to mine.

"All went as planned. We were met with enemy fire at several points during the mission but suffered no casualties."

Odette places her index finger to her lips for a moment in thought as we make our way to the control room.

"There is something else.."

(Odette) "Oh?"

"We stumbled upon a news broadcast regarding the Kingdom's latest social gathering. They have so named it Rubytime to which it is my belief a new clone will be beheaded on this day, perhaps even later tonight."

The Queen's disposition changes for a moment as she considers the new information.

(Odette) "Then we must retrieve her at once."

I bow my head slightly in acknowledgment to my Queen's command.

"How do you suggest we proceed?"

I ask as we enter the control room.

(Odette) "Dragonfly go back to your station and take Bee with you."

She commands them before pulling me aside as we chart a new course to the hybrid Kingdom.
Odette
Odette

Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:17 pm
Odette:

The remainder of our journey was spent discussing tactical positions.

Unfortunately, it would be unwise for me to join the rescue team assigned to my sister's retrieval.

There were too many contaminants on the planet's surface and my well being was essential to the crew's continued survival.

The rescue team in question was of greatest importance.

We needed Wraith soldiers, not drones, as they were better suited for this kind of mission, for unexpected situations could arise which would require independent thinking and clever thought for the team's success.

Our fleet were mostly drones. The few Wraith soldiers I had inherited due to victory in battle or by some other means were spread thinly throughout our 5 hive ships.

There was only one of me and I needed the other Wraith soldiers to manage the remaining hives should over services be required to lay cover fire for my sister's escape. This was something drones were not fit to handle.

My sister's retrieval was of utmost importance, not only for my own personal desire to have her back, but to help manage this burdensome load which was currently on my shoulders.

5 hives were too much for 1 Queen to handle.

Nightwasp leading the mission was obvious, he had a rapport with Rubyrose and she would recognize him and his loyalties once he approached her. Unfortunately, he was not enough, he needed backup and the most we could spare were 2 Wraith soldiers. Dragonfly and Bee were the more likely choices as neither of them had enough experience with handling our systems should we fall into battle. Their knowledge was limited at best as they both came from research hives led by scientists. Dragonfly was old and despite his natural inclination towards his old Queen and crew, he was of an old fashioned mind set when it came to victory in battle and I felt most confident he would proceed with following our instructions. Bee however, was a lose cannon and my mind's influence could only do so much. Should he break at any point, or go against Nightwasp's orders, this would be most detrimental to the team.

I rub my temples of my head in thought trying to assess the risks.

Nightwasp needed all the help he could get, there were so many hybrids, siragens and other experimental creatures down there that sending only Dragonfly, who was AGAIN quite old and slow, seemed like a death sentence for my Commander.

I could not afford to lose him too...

I get up from my chair and summon Bee to come with me.

I read Dragonfly's mind in passing and it irritated me.

Let's see how much of Romeo is truly still in there..

Once we are out of sight in the hallway I push him up against the wall and kiss him, not in a cute way either, more carnal than not, before eventually pulling away and reading his mind's response.
Bond
Bond

Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:43 pm
Bee:

My mind had already numbed as we returned to the hive. However, when the Queen kisses me, I feel my weakness fade even more. The ‘old me’ very much does not want to be aware of what is happening, and retreats deeper into my psyche.

Leaving only Bee behind.

I receive no instructions during the kiss, so I do not respond in any way.

After the Queen is done, I state,

“Forgive me, my Queen, but I must advise that this is not a productive use of your time. You are already with child.”

What other purpose would mating serve?
Odette
Odette

Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:31 pm
Odette:

I raise my eyebrow at his response, or more accurately, lack of it.

Both his vocal acknowledgment and thought process were of a logical nature and I sensed nothing to be alarmed about from either one.

"You are correct, Bee. Now, follow Nightwasp and Dragonfly to prepare for your next mission."

I step away from him as we are soon approached by both soldiers ready to disguise themselves before heading to the dart bay.

Bond
Bond

Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:31 am
Bee:

I do not understand the Queen’s intentions, but it is not my place to question her, so I do not overthink it. Instead, I do as I am ordered and report to Nightwasp and Dragonfly.

Each of us are attended by a drone whose job it is to disguise us for our mission. It reminds me of JD, since I believe this is the kind of task he would have enjoyed. I have not seen him for some time. I wonder if our Queen spaced him too…

Such thoughts become supressed as I see myself in the mirror being transformed to look like a hideous hybrid creature. For once, I do not think my old self wishes to stare at my reflection.

*Sits through the rest of the Marilyn Manson makeover in passive silence*

Once our disguises are finished, I turn to Nightwasp to receive further instructions.
Hybrid
Hybrid

Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:57 pm
Nightwasp:

"Follow."

I hiss at Bee before casting a sideways glance at Dragonfly.

(Dragonfly) "Do we have a strategy?"

He inquires as I lead the way to the dart bay.

"Once we locate the Queen's sister, we will have to create a distraction of sorts to take her back. A series of explosions within the perimeter will spread out security but also keep them from venturing with her too far in either direction."

Should they transport her out that could be another problem, but I cared not to discuss each possibility at the present time.

Once in the dart bay, we board our shuttle and make our way down to the planet.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:06 pm
Grimwolf:

I lay low in the lab helping Webster put away supplies until the rescue mission has left. Emotions will run high if that fails. Emotions I would rather not be on the recieving end of. I much prefer Grimwolf to Ladybug.

Once it’s safe to put myself back on the Queen’s radar, I POLITELY REQUEST to speak to her AT HER CONVENIENCE Wink Since I believe I have some important intel from the clone planet which Nightwasp may have missed.
Odette
Odette

Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:21 am
Odette:

I feel the baby do a flip inside my womb as the soldiers leave and I gasp a bit in discomfort.

(To baby)((Careful sweetie, leave some space in there for mommy's organs.))

I scold the little thing before receiving a message from Grimwolf presumably about his findings.

I choose to go to the lab straight away as I was uncertain when I would have a chance next once the mission had begun.

*Wanders to the lab before finally taking real note of all that was in here.*

Eww Jean sure collected alot of strange pets.

I eye the skin slurper uncertain how I felt about it.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:01 am
Grimwolf:

I give a slight bow as the Queen enters the lab, hoping Webster will follow my example. I don’t think Jean cared as much about formalities. If she did, I was never around her enough to find out.

“My Queen, thank you for this audience. I know you’re busy, so I’ll keep it brief. Besides news of your sister, there was another piece of intelligence we overheard. The kingdom was attacked by a group of wraith at the last ‘celebration’. It seemed like they managed to rescue a wraith prisoner. Nightwasp informed me that it wasn’t you, and I know it wasn’t Jean. Which means there’s another group of wraith out there, willing to take up arms against Michael. I thought that might be something you’d want to know, since you’re looking for allies.”
Grimweb
Grimweb

Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:28 pm
Grimweb:

I share my relief that Grimwolf returned safety in his mind. To my surprise they managed to take ALOT from the list. Everything but the live sample.

((What a productive hive!))

If Jean was here we'd be in some sort of mess...

I help with the set up of all the new things. I stop placing items away noticing the pets were still here.

Ugh...I Hope she burns those..

The Queen however was coming so I bow respectfully as my brother speaks to her of something the old man missed.

((Clever.))

*bowing till she leaves*
Odette
Odette

Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:12 pm
Odette:

I am reminded of Nightwasp's brethren at Hallowraith and sigh a little.

I remember the one looking like Michael and I really didn't like that (Marcel).

Nonetheless it was worth looking into as we needed all the help we could get if we were to fight this war.

We will keep an open mind should we come accross them but frankly I had no idea where they were.

"Was there any theories on where these other wraith are hidden?"

I question as I watch the human slurp machine get the one scientist on the ass when he is caught bowing too long.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:40 pm
Grimwolf:

*STUNS the skinslurper as soon as he sees it’s attacking his lil bro*

I curse at myself for letting my guard down in Jean’s lab, especially with Webster here.

((Sorry.)) I think to him privately, since it’s my job to protect him.

Odette asks if there was intel on other wraith’s location.

“There was not. But if they attacked the last party, the first logical place to look is this one. They could have agents on the ground. Which is why I thought I should tell you now, instead of after the mission.”
Grimweb
Grimweb

Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:22 am
Grimweb:

((Its ok..)) I reassure Wolfie. It was no real harm...just disgusting.

I stop bowing and work a little more as they finish the conversation I awkwardly raise my hand wanting to ask her something.

The slurper reminded me...
Odette
Odette

Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:04 am
Odette:

"Very well, I will instruct Nightwasp and his men to keep an eye out. Anything else?"

I look over at Grimweb with his hand up.

"Yes?"

I question sort of remembering what that hand gesture means?
Grimweb
Grimweb

Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:19 pm
Grimweb:

The Queen allows me to speak. I bow quickly the rise still jumpily from that.. creature.

"These. Animals our now deceased and former ...lesser queen.. Jean collected. Perhaps they can be used as distractions on your next attack plan my Queen? It would save us their care and feedings..and perhaps they will distract the abominations who enjoy such..abominations themselves...."

I say hopeing she allows the purge, I would HATE to have to work with all these..things watching.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum