New Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Odette
Odette

A Risk Worth Taking  - Page 2 Empty Re: A Risk Worth Taking

Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:21 pm
Odette:

"Do we know what Jean was keeping these for?"

I wander over to the blob fish in thought.

"If these creatures have any value at all we should not be so quick to throw them away."

I look over to the brothers with a smirk.

"Then again, if you were to get adequate samples of each specimen, I would be prepared to dispose of them as you wish."

232 enters the scene and proceeds to feed the blob fish before continuing  on to the skin slurper during the middle of our conversation as if he were on autopilot.

What a strange little drone...
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:55 pm
Grimwolf:

Poor Webster, he does try to get rid of the beasts.

I stare down the one that attacked him, not sure if it can see, but not having anything better to do.

Shocked

I am not a scientist, so do not feel qualified to contribute to the current conversation.
Grimweb
Grimweb

Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:54 am
Grimweb:

I was hopeful our new Queen and her purist ways would want to rid this hive of these... creatures. But alas she asks there use and I nerd out.

"The.... one with the long tounge's saliva has properties which attack mutations and other unnatural characteristics, the fish's slime held properties for cell enhancement all which can be taken out of the creatures and mass produced for use. The plant and shroom samples are much more useful to you then the living ones, these here for cell duplication and this here for a mental enhancer...that makes drones talk..."

I look around for that one plant that Jean GAVE bRITH with Odette might like that one.
Odette
Odette

Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:32 am
Odette:

I brighten at Grimweb's report.

Cool..

"Ok well if you are certain you can duplicate what you got I see no issue with getting rid of slurpy. Keep the blob fish though, I like that one."

I wink at the two of them before taking note of Grimweb looking around the lab for something else.

***PS - That was the burgundy root***
Grimweb
Grimweb

Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:10 pm
Grimweb:

I could not find another one, it might have been the root OR the mushroom then... maybe if they EVER give me a live captive to experiment on I'll try both of them out and find out!

*Diabolical plans in head*

I take it as a positive to rid the lab of the slurper, the blobfish was unfornatenly but you cant win em all...

"Thank you my Queen I will work on that... should I prepare to release the slurper at the Kingdom's pets or will we save him for another day?" I ask, I would have to make some adjustments to the slurper to be even more deadly to the experiment pets.

Maybe Wolfie can help.. I'm thinking explosives..
Odette
Odette

Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:13 pm
Odette:

"Let this one out in the Kingdom."

Nightwasp will need all the help he can get.

I eye the startling creature one last time before glancing back at Grimweb with an amused look.

"Well, I will leave you to it then."

I turn around and exit their scene to go relay my further Intel to Nightwasp.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:02 pm
Grimwolf:

A relax a little once Odette leaves.

And I’m glad that slurper beast isn’t going to be with us much longer.

“What are you thinking, little brother?”

Knowing Webster, I’m sure he’s already thinking up some diabolical plans Wink
Grimweb
Grimweb

Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:13 pm
Grinweb:

I relax and slack my posture once the Queen exits.  

"First things first Wolfie.."

i smirk at him. OH how I SUFFERED months having to see that THING..

"We put clothes on the creature... we cant send it naked.."

Something Jean should have done ages ago.. ughh

"Armor maybe.. a soldier's outfit modified because it is not fit to wear a wraith's uniform. We dont want them to know its from us too...I'll modify it alot. I'm thinking explosives shooting out from the back too, get it some room to clear a path. Maybe retracting knives on the long arms that come out when someone nears it..sensors.."

I ponder..

"Oh I'm putting a visor over the head....the eyeless thing is..." *shutters*

"Your a solider though, I need to hear some tips cause its going to battle Michael freaks and all."
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:56 am
Grimwolf:

Webster gets very excited there about clothes  confused  I guess he did always like the gear in Atlantis.

I nod along as he talks through his plan.

“I wonder if Odette ever captured any Bain Ones? If we dressed him in their gear, it could increase the infighting between Michael and his loose experiments. Not to mention they’d think that thing is far more dangerous than it is.”

Although it sounds like Webster will already be making it pretty lethal.

Covering the lack of eyes is also smart, that way they won’t know vision is a weak point.

He asks for some tips based off my experience battling hybrids.

“A lot of hybrid soldiers scare easy. I’d say give this thing some bark as well as bite. This event’s supposed to be crowded, so causing a mass-panic could get the hybrids to scatter and trample each other.”

I look around the lab, not seeing much in terms of fire power.

“Need any help? I could make a trip to the armoury, if you give me another list.”
Grimweb
Grimweb

Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:29 pm
Grimweb:

Wolfie knows whats up , as always his cool solider knowledge comes in handy. Like a green Sheppard XD

"OOhh if we cant get a Bain One outfit, I'll try to at least make a crest on it. Maybe right on the viser so its visible."

I was pretty good at making 'cosplay' I dont think the new Queen would like it but hey this is a good reason if any!

I take in his advice about the hybrids and how to spook them.

"hmm...lets see. I'll try to make it short after all you guys just restocked supplies."

I type up at least 2 long bladed knives, one explosive, some heavy duty armor or padding and a prisoner's clothing. If its not a Bane one thats ok just as long as its a villager cloak or robe, and not clearly so wraith.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:52 pm
Grimwolf:

I smile a little at Webster’s enthusiasm. I don’t think he enjoyed many of his projects with Jean. Can’t say I was too thrilled being chased by a giant worm myself.

I leave him to finalise his plans, and go get what he has asked for.

It’s not a long list, so I don’t think I need to ask Odette’s permission. If she gets upset, I’ll just say I didn’t want to disturb her again at a critical time.

The drones guarding the armoury let me in, and I successfully acquire all the weapons Webster wanted. That just leaves the clothes.

I make my way to the human and prisoner storage area. I debate feeding again, but decide it’s too risky. Odette could take it the wrong way, and me and Webster both have a good few days left from our last meal.

I have no desire to strip down a living human, so I search only the dead for clothes. I have no clue what a bain one would wear, but I can at least guess what hybrids would think they’d wear. Kingdom propaganda probably says they’re all poor rejects barely getting by, so I take the raggiest, most disgusting clothes I can find. The smell alone will probably make hybrids want to run in the opposite direction.

I head back to Webster’s lab, grabbing him a nose clip before passing him the supplies.

“Time to work your magic.”
Grimweb
Grimweb

Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:51 am
Grimweb:

"Thank you!" I wave after Wolfie already plotting some serious TROUBLE for the partygoers.

I stop thinking how I was going to pull this off with only ONE monster NO I need MORE.

While I wait for Grimwolf to get the goods I pop Slurpee in that makeshift cloning machine I was trying to get to work. I had most of it set up but.. it probably wasnt ready for complex beings. GOOD thing this was a lower lifeform...

I cook up another one and grin at what my brother brought back.

"Perfect!" I make a face at the smell picking up the clothes with a gloved hand.

He tells me to work my magic.

"Just you wait its going to be anime epic!"

I wink at him and get to work on the original monster who gets the clothes and some makeshift B for BANE cut out of a leather belt right on his visor so everyone will blame Bain Ones for these freaks.

*Makes about 5 Slurpies but 3 of them were 'mentaly challenged' from not wanting to waste ToO many of the supplies and chemicals for something that was most likely going to DIE down there

They just need to be remote controlled.

As the mission begins I carry the remotes over to men who arent on duty and offer them a chance to control a monster in the crowd.
I take the one for the castle wanting to see the King's twisted palace myself.

"Whooaa.."

*almost smacks into wall 'playing' with the remote*
*remembers this WAR and starts firing at the castle. A winged alien woman that must be a REAL Starker lands down trying to stop me and I aim for its wing left and right before something else with scaley claws tries to pull me down into the mote water*

Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:54 pm
Grimwolf:

I’m the first to grab a remote control from Webster.

((Just like Fortnite.)) I think to him privately, with a tiny grin.

Though of course, the stakes are much higher, and I do intend to take this mission seriously.

*Keeps his eyes GLUED to the screen*

I have my soldier flank Webster’s, letting him take the offensive while I watch our backs.

He gets into a close call with a water monster, but I see it coming and manage to fend it off before it takes him out.

((Again, just like Fortnite Wink ))

If there is one thing I miss from Atlantis besides the weapons, it’s the Xbox.

I sense a commotion behind ‘us’, and turn my soldier around to see another of our soldiers acting strange. I check to see who’s playing him, and of course it’s 232.

He’s just mashing buttons on his remote, not even glancing at the screen to see what effect it’s having on his soldier. Nevertheless, the strategy (or lack of it) actually pays off. The enemies have no idea what his soldier is going to do next, as he randomly runs around and fires guns or rockets in different directions.

It does however mean Webster and I have to do some extra dodging to avoid friendly fire.

I fire a few rockets at the gate and manage to knock down the entryway.

((We storming the enemy castle? Could be some 'collectibles' inside...))
Grimweb
Grimweb

Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:06 am
Grimweb:

Heck yeah all the Fortnite REALLY was training simulations! Wink

I think finding all the complains of 'time wasted' with a silly human game VERY inspiring and beneficial after all!

Even 232 finds ...some meaning here.

Wolfie of course was a real solider, I only cared to 'play one' like this for sure. He provides great backup to protect my less then experienced 'player' on the field.

"You know it" I say out loud too revved up to keep my voice down now in response to 'storming the castle' for the collectable.

I KNOW like many others all the gossip and rumors about Odette and her sister's head ever since Jean sent that scandalous post about Queen Rubyrose's head.

I KNOW there is a fridge in the bedroom and if we yank it for the new queen we were going to be WINNERS.

I storm inside and almost slip on the pie frosting everywhere.

((Food fight?)) I haven't seen one since Atlantis school

Hybrids are crazy...like humans...

I get smeared in pie for 'cover' and run passed them down the very morbid pictured hallway of the King with wraith. Each was gruesome, Jean shoulda went out like that, much more epic.

Before I get far I hear screaming about Rubyrose and I turn around.

Wait..

Is that...

Deep in the huge pool sized red berry tart almost like nasty jelly is the HEAD.

(Carly): "You guys almost ruined the King's dessert.."

She shielded it from the fight and I notice things start to chill out.

((We need to distract the redhead and I'll grab it?)) I ask brother for advice here, we just need her shield down for a moment and I will TACKLE into that jelly
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:48 pm
Grimwolf:

I have my ‘guy’ follow Webster into the castle.

He points out the food fight going on in the royal mess hall. Must be nice having so much food to spare you can waste it like this. Wonder if the old guys ever had some kind of human food fight in the feeding chambers? I've sure never seen it except in Atlantis. Speaking of...

*Throws a piece of pie at Webster’s soldier, as a tactical move to ‘blend in’ Wink *

Then I notice the HEAD.

((That’ll win us a lot of brownie points with Odette!))

All of a sudden, I hear an outcry of shock and anger across the hive mind, centred around 232’s screen. I turn my head, and…  affraid

((Webster, look!))

That bastard Bond is STILL causing problems for all of us! No, that’s an understatement. Even I never thought he’d pull something like this.

...Odette is going to be beyond furious. Whether or not she gets Bond, it might not be enough. There’s every possibility she could turn her rage on the rest of Jean’s old crew.

((Webster, we NEED that head!))

We’re well past brownie points, it could be the one thing that saves our lives!

I assess the alien female that presents the obstacle, and try to gauge how old her offspring would likely be. I start attacking anyone young in the room, hoping at least one might be her child.

((If the shield drops for even a second, be prepared to grab it!))
Carly Beckett
Carly Beckett

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:41 pm
Carly:

I try to protect the head, it is the original apparently - maybe - I cant even be sure anymore really but I think it is....
Based on what is going on I feel like the King's dinner date is canceled. I dont have the hybrid mindlink to tell but I could sense and hear disturbances all around.

I stop shielding the head when one of the most fowl smelling creatures starts picking out the youngest among us.

"Who are you!?"

I rush over to him making red glowing dagger shaped energy in my hands and swinging at his armor.

What are you...?

Bain ones have bigger MOUTHS!

*Webster's 'avatar' tackles into that jello for the head, its disgusting warped tounge holds it securely as it makes its way out behind my back as I integrate the other one and make sure Jade gets out safe*

Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:11 pm
Grimwolf:

“Good job Webster!”

I say it outloud mostly in relief, but also to attract attention to my brother’s BIG contribution. Now to make my own.

((Web, I’m going to take a dart out, beam your guy up along with the head, bring it back here. Get him away from the action if you can, but don’t take any risks. No matter what, we can’t lose the head.))

I’m not sure what Odette's exit plan was for her ground team, but I’m not going to sit around and wait to find out. Or worse, ask her directly. And if Nightwasp needs a lift out of there too, all the better.

((232, do your thing.))

I don't bother fighting the alien female, she's not longer a concern. Instead, I pass 232 my controller to take over.

((You can NOT shoot at Webster’s man, do you understand me? The Queen will murder you if you destroy her sister’s head. And I doubt it'll be quick.))

For all his faults, 232 does actually have intact survival instincts. He makes a big effort to shoot at everything BESIDES Webster’s guy.

I run to the dart bay, and make my way into the action. I keep an eye out for Bond, prepared to shoot him for fucking things up for us so badly. But it appears the queen-killer has gone to ground. In any case, he’s not the priority. I fly towards the castle, culling beam at the ready.
Grimweb
Grimweb

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:13 pm
Webster:

I keep running with that head in all the fresh chaos I think I THINK I might make it.

But where I had NO IDEA
Thankfuly Wolfie has a plan to get my guy out of here with the prize.

((Right! Head in the bag! Good luck!))

232 is left to have my back on the field, Im not sure if I'm going to make it then BUT surprisingly he somehow didn't kill my guy.

"Right on232!" I saves me..somehow.LUCK is on our side.

I DONT alert the higher ups till I see the beam in view. My guy runs for it getting gun downed by soldiers but raising that head up to the beam. I may have to throw it his legs are GONE.

*shoots like a basketball player towards the beam*

((Your highness we have the Queen sister's HEAD)) I nearly squeal in delight XD

Odette
Odette

Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:53 pm
Odette:

After tearing apart the ladies wraithroom in a BITCH sized tantrum I straighten myself up and make my way back to the labs.

Bees sting huh? Well, thorns prick too so it seems we are matched and this will not be the last time I see young Romeo of that I am certain.

I storm into the lab in a temper to see the Grim brothers at play.

"Find Nightwasp! He has my sister's cloned body! I want both of them brought back immediately along with that head!"

I give young Grimweb a dark look.

"Surely that will be enough to get you started?!"

He has everything in his possession he could possibly need to clone her! Should he fail me too there will be CONSEQUENCES!!!
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:43 pm
Grimwolf:

I get the alert that some organic matter has been dematerialised by the beam. From Webster’s reaction, it looks like we have what we need.

… Until I get orders from Odette to also collect Nightwasp and Rubyrose’s body.

They’re right in the middle of the action, not too far away from Michael himself, so the air is swarming with Starkers and other experiments. I shoot at something else close by to draw them away, before going in for the pickup.

I may have got a couple of Michael’s water experiments that were trying to get the body. But maybe that’s a positive. More creatures for the queen to vent her rage at instead of US.

It takes a lot of shooting to get clear, once rumours circulate I have both the body and the head. If it wasn’t for that other enemy hive also trying to leave, I never would’ve made it. But between the distraction, and a few moves I learned from watching Sheppard, I make it back to the hive in one piece.

A few of our old crew BEG to assist me, also wanting to not be rage murdered by Odette. I tell them to help Webster, figuring there might need to be some sort of quarantine or decontamination. But that’s not my call.

I contact the queen.

((They’re all here, in dart storage. Possibly along with some Kingdom hostiles; it was either beam them all up or risk them harming Nightwasp and your sister’s body. How would you like me to proceed?))

I hover my hand over the rematerialize button.
Grimweb
Grimweb

Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:09 am
Grimweb:

I almost drop my controller at Odette's sudden appearance. Her last statement was so threatening I lose focus and my man is mauled by a Starker.

Well at least we have the head. I could not help Wolfie out getting the rest. I can only hope he is safe, I mean ...the whole body was pretty risky. The head was ENOUGH.

"er yes I assume you want me to use the head for DNA not the clone.."

I mean they are made from the same thing but... Im sure the clones are a little... Mikey special somehow.
But if she couldn't wait and wanted me to play around with the already fully formed body I COULD. I just ...wasnt sure with her phobias how she wanted to carry on with the possible contaminated remains.
Odette
Odette

Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:26 pm
Odette:

(To Grimwolf)((Rematerialize them and kill the rest.))

I respond bluntly no longer in the mood for prisoners.

I tune back into Grimweb's scene.

"If the head is in fact the original then of course."

I instruct him but didn't have my hopes up.

I've played this song and dance too many times to expect anything anymore.
Grimweb
Grimweb

Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:48 pm
Grimweb:

The Queen tells Wolfie to destroy the rest, I try not to show disappointment in all the new samples I could have used. BUT just suirvoring her rage is the goal here.
Speaking off, members of our crew are BEGGING to help out and be counted for credit. It was wierd to hear the desperate for our help...

"Yes my queen, cloning will begin at ONCE. If I may have some of my crew members assisting me...it will be faster. We've made great progress rebuilding and adding to the pieces collected. "

I prattle on trying o give the others a chance to help and LIVE. The rest who aren't scientists I wasnt sure how to get them off the hook,. The mere idea of making a queen seemed. .very blasmesphus this was real mad science all right. I cant WAIT.

Very scared wraith from our old crew try to move things around and prepare gurrnies in HASTE.

Odette
Odette

Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:41 pm
Odette:

"Use whoever you need. The clone body you can either use as reference or dispose of it."

I did not want it left in the hands of that monster.

"Any more questions?"

I ask impatiently.
Grimwolf
Grimwolf

Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:57 pm
Grimwolf:

I have my orders.

I call the other soldiers from Jean’s hive to the dart bay. It’s a risk, in case they mess up. But it’ll work strongly in our favour if they feel indebted to us.

I swap places with one of them in the dart, wanting to lead the strike team outside.

((Push the rematerialise button on my mark.))

I tell him, before addressing everyone else.

“I’m going to have the cargo rematerialsed one at a time. If it’s Nightwasp or the Queen-sister’s remains, do NOT take any action. If it’s one of Michael’s, I’ll shoot em with my gun. If, and ONLY if that doesn’t take em down, then you use your weapons. Got it?”

I’m not sure what Michael’s working with these days, so I had a whole arsenal brought down. Knives, stunners, flamethrowers, even a few hand grenades in case things get real dicey.

((Mark!))

We get a couple of freaks at first, but manage to subdue them. Then Nightwasp gets released.

((Sir, the Queen has ordered both her sister’s body and head to be taken to the labs immediately upon rematerialisation. Do you wish to oversee the process?))

Given WHO killed her, it’s probably best no one from Jean’s hive besides Webster touches the remains.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum