New Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Month 2: Animals Empty Month 2: Animals

Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:12 pm
**On a swamp planet, lush with plant life, the hive orbited from outer space.**

Jean:

The ground was far too soft to risk landing the hive and being stuck in the mud.

I bring with me to this planet, a modified wraith stunner rifle; larger in size and more rounded like a cannon. I suppose I also had a few crew members with me as well. It would take several of us to bring down some of the larger creatures on my list to sample from.

Ideally, I would have preferred exploring the planet by wraith dart, but with the planet's thick vegetation the task would be nearly impossible to achieve.

My primary purpose here was to collect a few alien beasts for study.

Plant samples could be collected from this world as well, though I highly doubt I could find anything meaningful here in that regard, due to the ordinary features of each plant that I could see.

We end up wandering the damn swamp for hours. It was not until midnight that we spot our first creature.

It had the appearance of a naked human male, tall and slender. Its skin stretched over where, ordinarily, its eyes would be and it was bald all over. The most peculiar feature of this beast however, was its short trunk like appendage coming from its mouth area and the saliva it contained.

If I could not have it I would settle for its fluids, but I wanted both.

My fellow Wraith and I circle around the creature and aim our weapons at it (all set for stun of course).

It makes a groggly noise with its throat and sticks its long snakelike tongue out in an attempt to "taste" one of us.

I learned my lesson last month with the burgundy weed not to let anything touch me until I had ample time to study it.

I shoot the creature.

Bad move..

It was previously down on all fours but quickly got up on its back legs and I soon realize just how much I underestimated its height.

It had to be at least 12 feet tall.

I screech and run away.

My soldiers all start shooting the creature at once as it chases after me.

I did not stand a chance for it was very fast.

It knocks me over in the muddy grass and slashes my back open with its claws, trying to slurp away at my wound.

I scream and turn on it with my weapon, shooting it up the trunk, an apparent weakness I suppose, and it goes down cold.
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Month 2: Animals Empty Re: Month 2: Animals

Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:47 pm
Random Nameless Drone:

I am ordered to clean the Queen’s lab while she sleeps.

I go to the Queen’s lab.

I spray the counters down and wipe them with a cloth.

I notice a vial that has fallen onto the floor.

I go to pick it up.

I slip in a puddle of slime, getting it all over my body.

I get up.

I clean up the floor.

I do not clean myself, because I have not been ordered to do so.

Once I am finished, I am ordered to go to my pod to rest.

**The next morning**

Golly, what a day! There’s a difference, I feel it lingering in the air like fine perfume. Though I cannot pinpoint exactly what it may be, I decide that I have far too much work to do to stand around pondering! The mental orders come flooding in as ever, but of course my first duty is to my marvellous, beloved Queen!

I stroll through the corridors of the hive. At one point I pass two scientists.

“May you have a pleasant morning, sirs!”

They gasp in SHOCK, but I have more pressing matters to attend to, so I must leave them to aid one another and continue my journey.

I reach the Queen’s chambers, and awaken her from her pod.

“My Queen! May your day be as glorious as your noble countenance! How may I be of assistance on this fine morning? Shall I style your hair? What would be best, something practical for laboratory work, or a more regal coiffure? Or perhaps my Queen would like a bath drawn first?”
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:24 pm
Jean:

I step out of my pod somewhat reluctantly as I could have slept a little while longer.

The drone before me was asking the strangest of questions in the most peculiar sort of voice.

Was I still dreaming?

It takes me a moment to process what was happening before I finally have time to react.

"How are you talking out loud?!"

I gasp in shock.
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:16 pm
Jean’s Drone:

My Queen looks most surprised this morning. I do hope I did not disturb her from her slumber too hastily.

She then asks me rather a peculiar question. I tilt my head.

“I hadn’t thought about it, my Queen. I suppose this just seemed the most natural way to articulate myself. But of course, if my Queen would prefer that I converse mentally, or that I simply do not talk at all, then I am most happy to make the adjustment!”

I wait patiently for her to answer my questions, so I know how best to serve her.
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:49 am
Jean:

The drone does not recognize the strangeness of his new found voice.

"How about a short visit to my lab?"

I respond caring not for such trivial matters as vanity until I figured out what was wrong with him.

I guide him by his elbow to the lab.

Once we arrive however, I notice an empty container which once held a small sample of saliva from the humanoid skin slurper beast.

"What is this?"

I wander over to the empty sample container and hold it up to the drone.

Last edited by Jean Starker on Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:44 pm
Jean’s Drone:

My Queen wishes to leave immediately.

“Oh my, does my Queen not wish to chang-“

I do not believe my Queen wishes to change, given the haste at which she depart. I almost suggest that I bring her robe along in case she gets cold… Ah, but she will no doubt wish to don a lab coat when we arrive at our destination, so I’m sure there is no need to fret.

*Wanders through the corridors with Jean in her PJs, wishing anyone they pass a fine morning 😉 *

Once we reach the end of our journey, my Queen questions the presence of a container on the floor. I gasp in horror!

“Oh, I’m dreadfully sorry, my Queen! I was tasked with cleaning the laboratory last night, but look at the state I’ve left it in.”

I dash over to fix my ghastly error! I quickly pick up the container and return it to the lab bench.

“I can at least reassure my Queen that I did mop up the spill yesterday evening. So there should be no hazards to concern yourself with, should you wish to conduct any experiments today.”
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:37 am
Jean:

There was a spill..

I take a closer look at the container to see what it was.

"Did you get it on yourself?"

Of course he got it on himself, he is a talking drone!

I feel my own anxiety start to kick in.

What if this is contagious?! I will be the laughing stock of the whole collective!

I push the drone into a sanitization chamber and turn the thing on.

I run over to a sink and wash my hands on repeat.

"Where all did you touch Drone?!"

Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:12 pm
Jean’s Drone:

My Queen asks me if I got any of the liquid on myself.

“I’m afraid so, my Queen. Evidently I did not have my wits about me, and I most clumsily slipped in the spill. Again, I am most sorry for my mediocre work yesterday eve!”

I would understand should my Queen wish to discipline me. Instead, she gives me a great honour! SHE washes ME!

“Oh my Queen, I shall forever treasure this experience!”

She asks me what I touched since I slipped.

“Only that vial, I believe, and my sleep pod. May I be so bold as to ask why my Queen is so anxious, all of a sudden?”

I notice the hand washing, but I am unable to offer assistance, locked in my own washing device.
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:57 pm
Jean:

I raise my eyebrow at the drone when he gets a bit too excited at the concept of a bath.

I also throw the vial into the sink of hot soapy water as an added precaution before putting on my laboratory gloves and grabbing some disinfectant.

"I will be back shortly."

I first, check his face helmet for his DRONE NUMBER before running off to his corresponding pod and wiping it down.

My fellow wraith look at me concerned but I do not trust a single one of them to handle this contagion themselves!

I run back to the lab (still in my PJ's) and get the drone out of the chamber when it finishes.

"Until I have a better understanding of your condition, we must take the utmost caution!"

I pant a little before taking off my gloves and grabbing a syringe.

"Hold still."

I take a sample of his blood before rushing to a microscope and setting up the same to analyze the sample.

Hmmm......

"So far all looks well, but I will need to keep a close eye on you for further observation."

I sigh thinking about my plans for the day.

I still had that fish I wanted...

"Drone, we must ready ourselves for a mission! We are returning to the swamp planet."

I explain to him.
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:26 pm
Jean’s Drone:

My Queen does not tell me why she is distressed, but instead she leaves the room.

As the hot water pours over me, for some reason I feel compelled to ponder on my recent musings and ideas.

*Drone’s first shower thoughts*

On all the other days I have served my Queen – as oddly vague and blurry as those memories now are – I have never seen her anxious as a result of my presence. Yet today, from the moment I awakened her, she has not seemed her usual delightful experiment-loving self. The only main difference between those days and today that I can deduce, is my speaking out loud.

I reach the conclusion that I must endeavour to be silent again, in the hopes that my Queen will be happier once more!

Hence, as my Queen returns and I am let out of the washing chamber, I refrain from addressing her. I do not speak as she takes my blood, nor as she examines it.

My plan seems to work as intended, as My Queen gets excited and plans another worldly excursion! It takes MUCH effort, but I supress a ‘huzzah!’ as she announces that we shall be going to a swamp!

Instead I tilt my head and try to have an air of vacancy about me, as I used to when she would tell me of complicated matters.
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:59 am
Jean:

I notice the drone's sudden silence and look at him perplexed.

What?

"Are you not going to do my hair?"

I tempt him for a response Wink
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:30 pm
JD:

I jump a little and make a small ‘ooh!’ when my Queen asks me to do her hair! Luckily I believe that my mask, well, masks the sound, so I am able to maintain my silent visage.

What would be best, I wonder? An updo, of course, so that my Queen’s vision is not hampered by loose strands blowing in the wind. But that still leaves so many possibilities!

*He would do a FISHtail braid if he knew the specifics of the mission Wink *

I run around the lab, eagerly trying to locate any ribbons, hair pins, and the sort (as if that is totally normal drone behaviour). I get excited when I spot some small metallic clips… only to sigh when they turn out to be crocodile clips.

Then I realise I am missing the most fundamental of instruments – a COMB!

“I shall return forthwith, my Queen!”

I forget my ‘vow of silence’ as I begin running back to her chambers to retrieve one.
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:10 pm
Jean:

The drone returns to its excitable self in no time at the mention of doing my hair.

I try not to smile at his reaction before pulling up some notes on the computer screen regarding the alien fish creature I wished to obtain.

Such a shapeless wonder....

"Drone have you seen this beast before?"

I question him once he is back in my scene.

Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:17 am
JD:

I retrieve the Queen’s comb from her chambers and return to the lab.

As I begin brushing her hair, I glance over her shoulder at the beast she wishes me to see. Oh my, how ghastly!

“I’m afraid I have not, my Queen. However, may I offer you a hairstyle inspired by the tail-shape of… well, perhaps not that specific specimen…”

It does look rather, as they say, ‘blobby’.

“But of more regal aquatic breeds?”

I focus on getting a particularly stubborn knot free, as I work up the nerve to ask my Queen a question.

“Pray tell, why is my Queen interested in such a beast?”

The thought of my beautiful, majestic Queen anywhere near such a hideous, grotesque monstrosity is enough to send a shiver down my spine!
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:43 pm
Jean:

"Whatever you think best Drone."

I say in response to his question regarding my hair.

The drone continues to untangle my knots and I do my best not to react.

Ow... Wink

My drone then asks what my interest was in the fish creature.

I slouch a bit casually.

"It contains a unique enzyme which could assist in my research."

I tilt my head at the beast finding it sort of cute in a way.
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:06 pm
JD:

My Queen gives me creative freedom, so I OF COURSE do the fishtail braid!

I find a mirror to show her how it looks from the back. [Sorry this image is huge]

Month 2: Animals Fishta10

“You always look beautiful my Queen, but I must say this style looks simply stunning on you!”

My Queen explains the purpose of the fish with elegant scientific jargon.

“Of course, my Queen. Will a single sample be enough, or do you require a fish tank to be set up in the laboratory? Oh, and of course there’s your outfit to think about! Since I presume you’ll be going on the excursion yourself. I am not sure that… pyjamas… would be the most suitable choice. Perhaps something a tad more sturdy, and waterproof?”
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:49 am
Jean:

I get a bit shy at Drone's flattery but pretend not to care.

"This will do."

I respond secretly loving the updo Wink

"We will be bringing the fish on board so we will need a tank. You are coming along too Drone."

I remind him, judging his clothes as much as he was judging mine.
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:50 pm
JD:

I beam as my Queen tells me the hairdo is acceptable (not that anyone can see underneath my mask). High praise from her indeed!

Oh dear, it seems that hideous fish will be joining us afterall.

“As you say, my Queen. I shall have the other drones make the arrangements while we are out galivanting around this new world.”

I do not understand the look that she gives me – I am wearing my uniform, as all drones do at all times Wink

“…Is there anything else I can do for you before we depart, my Queen?”
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:32 pm
Jean:

I grin when Drone seems confused.

"We will need to blend in Drone. We will stand out far too much in our regular attire."

There are many predators on the planet's surface. The humanoid "skin slurper" was only an example of what we could find out there.

Accordingly, I had specialized suites made for our mission.

I open a closet door in the lab for him to see.

"This is your outfit Drone."

Month 2: Animals Swamp-10
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:45 pm
JD:

I gasp in HORROR at the outfit my Queen shows me! But I am thoroughly relieved when she tells me that this is my outfit, not hers.

“Of course, my Queen. Whatever is required for the mission.”

I scold myself for believing that my Queen would wear such attire. I’m certain that she will be wearing something much more elegant and becoming!

*What JD pictures Jean is gonna wear for the mission:*

Month 2: Animals Pictur10
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:24 pm
Jean:

I tilt my head at Drone.

His interest in fashion amused me greatly.

What a strange thing for a drone to care about.

I take out his suite and hand it to him before getting one of my own.

Yes, we should blend in quite well in these.

"Drone once you have changed we will meet at the left side doors. The other wraith who are joining us will bring the fishing equipment and travel tank for the fish's transport. Remember to keep your weapon easily accessible within your suite."
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:59 pm
JD:

I blanch as I realise my Queen will be wearing the exact same outfit as me! How will the beasts on this world recognise her innate majesty and grandness when she is dressed in the same garb as her drones?!

BUT of course it is not my place to question my Queen’s orders, only to follow them.

“Your will shall be done, my Queen.”

I make my way to the Drones’ showering and changing facilities. Even though we wear the same uniform at all times, we of course practice basic hygiene, including washing ourselves and our clothes.

It is a strange sensation, putting on the grass suit, having never worn anything but one outfit for my entire existence. Whilst I am in private, I take the chance to perform the unsightly action of itching my skin at the roughness of the unfamiliar material. I take note that my Queen may need some moisturiser and plasters [bandaids], should she be afflicted with the same irritation. I grab some, along with a stunner, before making my way to the rendezvous point.

“Let us hope this mission goes swimmingly well.”

I joke to one of the others waiting with the fishing equipment.
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:29 pm
Jean:

I arrive at the departure point in time for Drone's clever jest.

It was a good thing my head covering was already on so that the wrest of the crew did not witness my smile Wink

"Let's go."

I command, before leading the way outside the ship.

"We are not far from the swamp waters. Be careful where you walk, the tree roots underground tend to shift every so often."

I caution my fellow wraith as we make our way through the humid forest.

Once we arrive at the lake, those who carried the fishing equipment set up what they could as I peered into the water to see if I could spot the creature.

"It seems to be quite deep under water."

I turn to Drone.

"Care for a swim?"

I tease him.
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:17 pm
JD:

I see the planet where the blob fish abides, and I do feel some sympathy for it. How hard it must be, to evolve into a handsome specimen on such a grim and malodorous world. Perhaps once it is back on our hive, basking in the presence of our beautiful Queen, the fish will grow a long, glorious tail and magnificent rainbow scales!

*He may be the smartest drone, but he is still no scientist*

I keep my Queen’s cautions in mind, and even manage to catch one of the scientists as he trips over a tree root.

“Nothing to worry about, good sir!”

I get the sense that he is worried, and for some reason it involved me.

(Scientist): “Is that true, my Queen? Is there nothing to worry about?” *Stares at JD pointedly*

I do not concern my mind with matters above my station, and instead focus on my Queen. She asks if I wish to go for a swim.

“I am most happy to attempt to catch the fish, should that be my Queen’s wish.”

I answer sincerely. It is not in my repertoire of trained skills, but I shall nonetheless try my best to succeed!
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:34 pm
Jean:

I tilt my head at the scientist in great amusement.

"I suppose we will see."

I say with a dark smile before making my way over to Drone and handing him a net.

"As an added precaution, you will be accompanied by two soldiers."

I wave them over.

"Based on the characteristics of the creature, I would say it most likely resides at the very bottom of the lake. It could also be slightly buried to better disguise itself for hunting and against predators."

I speculate out loud.

Last edited by Jean Starker on Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum