New Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Month 4: Death

+5
Jean's Drone
Spike
Ra
JayJay Sheppard
Jean Starker
9 posters
Go down
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Month 4: Death Empty Month 4: Death

Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:17 pm
**On the hive, somewhere deep in open space.**

Jean:

On the lab countertop, sat a tray of 20 or so antidotes prepared and ready for testing.

After many hours out in the field collecting samples, and that much more combining and dissecting the same in the lab, my work had finally come to a conclusion.

One of these HAD to work!

A few drones remained at the door to the lab concerned for my safety.

Many of the crew felt I should be putting them to work instead of being so "hands on" in my approach, but I needed to do this myself, I needed to ensure it was done correctly.

They did not understand that this was as much for me as it was for them.

I could barely operate the hive much less create new drones for the crew. I was essentially useless as their Queen and far worse, a danger to everyone on board in my current condition.

But that was all going to change real soon..

The first antidote, I take and immediately fall ill before passing out and awaking several days later in the infirmary.

The second antidote, causes a very similar reaction.

The third antidote, my fellow Wraith refused me to take and so one of our prisoners was forced to take it for me and died the next day. I did not understand how his reaction could at all be comparable to mine as he was a completely difference species!

I grew frustrated with the process but we still needed to keep on trying.

I argued with my crew demanding they allow me to finish this on my own. I was far stronger than they were and had no way of replacing them should they perish.

My persistence paid off and I was soon back to trying the antidotes myself again.

By antidote six I fall to the floor unable to move. Several weeks go by where I am motionless, which soon results in one of my soldiers reaching out to my mother's hive against my wishes.

When I am finally up again, I make my way back to the control room.

The quiet tension in the air made me want to drop back down again.

"What is it?!"

I hiss, resenting their looks of pity.

I did everything right! Why were the antidotes not working?!?!

(Wraith Commander) "My Queen, we have received some recent news regarding your mother's hive.."

"You what?!"

I turn to him with a startled look.

(Wraith Commander) "It seems.. her hive has been destroyed."

I stumble back in confusion.

"Ok, where is she now?"

(Wraith Commander) "We tried to reach out to any remaining crew while you were recovering. We received no response. I believe.. it is safe to say they most likely were on board the hive when it was destroyed."

I could not tell if my nausea stemmed from the last antidote or what I just heard.

What..

I wander back to my lab without saying a word to any of them.

It took several hours for the news to set in and when it did, I react terribly.

I burst into tears and start wailing unstoppable, incontrollable sobs of pain.

All my work, everything I had tried so very hard to achieve was for NOTHING, NONE OF IT MATTERS NOW!

I pick up a beaker and throw it across the room, causing it to shatter in many pieces.

I smash the scanner's display screen, a computer monitor and a glass window making a complete mess of things before making a mess of myself.

I clamp my left wing down in a vice grip and start sawing it off with a cleaver.

My Wraith drones hear my screams and try to enter the lab but I shot down the doorway controls with my Wraith blaster making it nearly impossible for them to get inside.

I tear off my wing the wrest of the way and almost pass out from the agonizing pain before getting to the other one.

"No! I am not done YET!"

I scream at myself before the remaining antidotes on the countertop catch my eye and I pour ALL OF THEM into a fucking beaker to finish the job.

I chug the whole thing and drop to the floor in a pool of my own blood.

Hoping to never rise again.
JayJay Sheppard
JayJay Sheppard

Month 4: Death Empty Re: Month 4: Death

Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:18 am
Jay *is a hybrid from living in Kingdom planet or all these months where the air and food just mass transforms ya like it or not*

Well that sucked....

I IJNORE all her little wraithy pals that wanted to talk to me/stop me from coming into her big important lab.

* walks in to tell Jean both the GOOD and BAD news trying to debate what should I tell her first ; ) *

"Je-"
I begin not looking down yet to SEE her. I smelt blood and my slitted eyes go wide.

shit

(Ra): "Eeeuw this is a kinky Whore-hive...like females are to rare for this waste..."

He takes my cane and pokes her thinking this is all a themed Whore-Hive inspired to mock wraith and not real - the story I had to tell him to get him over here for the serum.

Kinda think we're too late...I knew it!

I take the cane back nervously and wonder if everyone on the hive is going to kill us if we just..try to walk out of this room where their DEAD QUEEN IS.

Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:53 am
Jean:

I don't know how long I was out for.

Not long enough.

I snap out of my coma and rise to my feet at the fool's commentary.

"YOU!"

I screech before noticing Jay's appearance.

I laugh miserably not bothering to wipe myself of blood.

".... are too late."

I whisper, mostly to myself, before turning away from them in remorse.

I glance down at my hands and see that I am no different.

I was still very much the same.
Ra
Ra

Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:06 am
Ra:

One of the entertainers gets up and screams at my father.

"What are you looking for a slit?" I say flippently in a mock.

Boren sure isnt missing much..

(Jay): "I'm sorry....I DO have the serum though... your alive we can still try it?" He looks at her rather shocked and awe she was alive I assume. ..or..?

I take a step back sensing some danger danger right now...
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:21 am
Jean:

I finally take notice of the stranger in the room when he dares to mock me.

I get up in his personal space and scent him.

"One of yours?"

I raise my eyebrow at Jay.

"Or a snack for later?"

I hiss before looking Jay over with more intensity.

"You look like him..."

I tilt my head darkly.

"The hybrid, Michael."

(To Jay) ((Are you sure your serum isn't poison?!))

I snap finding his appearance rather disturbing.
JayJay Sheppard
JayJay Sheppard

Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:49 am
JayJay:

It was kinda surprising Ra didnt get his head ripped off yet...

She seemed sort of... different.

I try not to wince as Ra makes things more difficult when she gets close up to him

(Ra): "So they say...and I WAS looking for Bane..not his sister." He smirked back not bothering to smell her back, her blood was seeping in the room. You couldn't open your mouth without taking it in.

I sigh at Jean as she takes my hybrid state rather personal.

"I was never a real wraith....if that offended you its a little to late. Michael has set up so many ways to transform everyone into his kind, you can not breath the air on some planets without it now. We we're lucky on the station, he is getting very ..crafty..and has some..help..."

((Shut up..)) I tell Ra not to gloat on his part in all this.

Jean had very little means to trust me I think, unfornatenly. I did not blame her.

I sigh and try to point out one thing.

((If I was a traitor I could have acted swiftly when you were on the floor...gave you over to him.. I did not.. yes he can control me now but hes not here is he.. so I'm acting as myself.))
I move on to the next subject.

((I realized you need him to do it, it wasnt just in bottle in one of the bedroom fridges.. he removed Bane's upgrade.. and now Bane is loose running around rather powerless half human I saw it myself. No Siragen..)))

Spike
Spike

Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:56 am
Spike: (drunk/druged enough to be talked into coming here by JayJay):

I lost Jay and Ra somewhere on the way over.

This doesn't even look remotely REAL!

I poke the' hive wall', unimpressed and stumble around as my head spins.

*causley rips off a drone's mask as it passes by*

"HA you call yourself a DRONE!??" *screams at JD Wink*

Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:19 am
Jean:

I try to ignore Jay's offspring though my blood boiled at the reminder.

So much waste.. all of it. Now what?

I glance to the side hopelessly before Jay distracts me further.

Michael is that set on making everyone just like him?

I think to myself rather disturbed

Jay gives me reason to trust him.

It did not matter, I have nothing to live for anyways.

I shake my head bitterly finding his words confusing.

"Fine, fine... I'll take it."

I hiss.
Ra
Ra

Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:37 am
Ra:

I HATE to say it but I wanted Spike right now...like now. I felt very trapped in a corner between them.

"Well I can clearly SEE whose side your on."

I state bluntly at how Jay was looking at her in some emotional private conversation.

This was stupid did I REALLY let myself believe I had any family that wanted something to do with me.
Now he was going to hand me over to his freaky Starker girlfriend here and I was totally going to loose my job. This is a bigger screw up then Hallowraith Night!

Its times like these I KNOW I should have taken that Alley lady's offer, then again she... got vaporized.

I flinch at the thought and look back at them confused.

"Why do you WANT it?? Its a punishment do you realize you can conquer worlds in what you are?? Have you seriously just been trying to get rid of it...the wraith's days are numbered, kinda gotta work with what you have... "

wtf?

(JayJay): "He is a Michael minion, I tricked him into coming here. unfornatenly "

Would it be counted in my favor if I did do it?? Since HELLO if she stays powerful she could just make a whole species of wraith/sirgan that is unstopable and un able to hybridized..

.......fuckfuckfuck
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:51 am
JD:

The crew is all DEEPLY SCARRED by the events we have just witnessed! Our Queen in trouble, and none of us able to save her! It is a miracle she has awoken, but even so we all feel like terrible failures!

I do not even bother to scold 232 when I see him carrying a tray full of the Queen’s chamomile tea. I just presume that is his way of coping to not feel useless.

A strange man pulls off my mask. I do not question his presence on the hive, I just fall apart at his words.

“You are right! I am no drone! I’m a DISGRACE! A disgrace, I say!”

I begin sobbing, only keeping myself from falling to the floor by clinging to the man.

*Enjoy the bear hug Spike 🐻 *
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://new-adventures.forumotion.com

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:57 am
232:

There is great stress in the Queen’s lab.

Older Drone brings the Queen chamomile tea when she is stressed.

I bring chamomile tea for everyone.

*Walks into the tense scene, passing out cups.*
Spike
Spike

Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:16 pm
Spike:

*FULLY believes the drone is a hybrid actor now by how he's acting, clearly drones dont speak like that..of course.. Wink *

"...ah....sir?"

I sigh at his hug feeling bad, this poor old man trying to make a living working this thankless job didn't deserve to be screamed at.
He also might also be traumatized since quite a few 'drone costumes' got interrogated after the Hallowraith incident....

"Dont take it to seriously, its all an act. I mean... do you give get paid for this? I can get you a better job..."
*pat pat awkwardly*

"You want to see some sunlight or something??"

Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:33 pm
JD:

I only half listen to the man’s words, although his kind tone is much appreciated.

He does mention something about a ‘new job’ though.

“Am I… being fired?”

Was 232 actually being summoned by the Queen, have I fallen THAT FAR as to be replaced by him..?

Oh, but of course I deserve it! I should have been by my Queen’s side, I should have prevented it all from happening!

“What are my new orders?”
Spike
Spike

Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:53 pm
Spike:

"Yes your fired, the big shot said said so." I try to go along with it, he needs to get out of here. Poor guy.

I begin to make an attempt to tell Ra but considering where we were and how long they have been quiet over there... I dont really want to connect to his mind.

They ditched me first anyway...

"How do you feel about...this.." I pull up one of the most popular hybrid vacationing spots Elsania on my tablet and show him a moving picture show of some key features.

"Fun isn't it? Or do you like a little more sunshine?"

He does seem...sort of peaked and green ;/

Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:25 pm
Jean:

Jay's offspring questions my reasoning for taking the serum.

*Left eye twitches.*

232 enters our scene to serve tea.

His timing could not be any worse.

"I DO NOT NEED TO EXPLAIN MYSELF LEAST OF ALL TO YOU!"

I smash my tea cup to the ground.
Ra
Ra

Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:51 pm
Ra:

I raise an eyebrow at the tea being served.
I take a cup and do not flitch at her outburst quite used to being screamed at out of nowhere.

What a diva... just like her brother.

I take a sip of the chamomile tea finding her completely a disappointment. Also like her brother.

"Bane said the same thing to me, hes still quite a piece of work even without the sirgan..dont expect miracles. "

Jay doesnt take the tea and gives me a look.

Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:10 pm
JD:

I sob profusely when I am given the news. My Queen really no longer wants me here…

“Perhaps… perhaps I can talk to her…”

I look through 232’s mind as he passes her another teacup to replace the one she threw on the floor.

“Ohhh but she is in one of her smashing moods! And I do so wish not to be smashed myself!”

Even though I would thoroughly deserve it!

“In any case, she is busy with your allies. I think it would be best not to disturb them.”

When the new man asks if I would like ‘more sunshine’, I take that as the threat of my corpse being thrown into the sun, as is custom for deceased wraith.

“T-this planet is fine… What is the purpose of this mission?”

Perhaps if I perform adequately enough, I can prove myself worthy of retaining my place as the Queen’s most trusted drone!
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:16 pm
Jean:

232 hands me another tea cup and I leave him hanging there REFUSING to take it.

This conversation was going nowhere!

I grind my teeth and pace around on the spot trying to keep my temper in check.

"What are you saying?!"

He seemed to be inferring that my estranged brother's new condition was a bad thing?

What good is all the power in the universe when it is controlled by your mortal enemy? Better to be weak and oneself than strong but under the influence of another.

"What do you mean, "don't expect miracles"?"

I pause for a moment trying to think.

"The serum eliminates the Siragen genetics does it not?"

I hiss in confusion.

What am I missing here?!

"Does it do anything else?"

I question somewhat weary.
JayJay Sheppard
JayJay Sheppard

Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:40 pm
Jayjay:

Ra continues to toy with Jean, he was a little to used to poking Bane around.

(Ra): "She's taking everything quite literal."
I slap the cup out of his hand before he gets another sip in.

"Stop toying around." I snap.

(Ra): ((You tricked me, for what?? This? What a waste..))

I was surprised he seemed disappointed would he have switched sides so easily?

((I told you a Starker was here didn't I?)) I reply exasperated since there was no saving this relationship now.

(Ra): "It DOES what you want.." I flash behind her hoping she is still disoriented and stick her with the stringe meant for Bane in the spine hard.
(Ra): "But like I said its a punishment..."

I try to pull him back with a worried look to Jean and how painful it was going to be. I can only hope this doesnt make things worst somehow..

"You. - 232 - she is going to need more then tea, do you have anything stronger..get something from the bar."
Spike
Spike

Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:45 pm
Spike:

The drone actor ties to contact his boss and saves me the MISTAKE it would have been to try to make contact with Jay and Ra.

Now I KNOW.

"Yes no smashing, your'll have a heart attack... whats your name anyway?"

I ask leading the way back out the way we came our ship waiting in the dart bay.

These darts did look quite real.

I think touching one thoughtfully.

The guy continues to stay in character asking me what the new mission was.
I was calling a Hyft - to pick us up on the way to Elsania.

"Having a good time of course? Have you ever been on vacation or is it all the smashing?"

Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:10 pm
JD:

I almost DO have a heart attack as I witness the destruction of my best porcelain tea set! A THIRD cup is smashed when 232, copying his superiors, drops the cup he held out for our Queen. I block out everything after that [so doesn’t see Jean get stung].

“Oh, they’re all getting smashed! It’s horrible, just horrible!”

Mr Jay’s ally asks for my name.

“Oh, I do not have an official designated name, of course. But some of the crew have taken to calling me ‘JD’. How about yours, sir?”

Even in my anguished state, I refuse to forgo my manners!

“Having a good time..?”

I repeat the phrase back, trying to ascertain its meaning? Perhaps… perhaps the Queen is irritated with my current negative state of mind? Yes, that would explain 232’s promotion, he is nothing if not simpleminded after all! I must rid myself of this wretched guilt, and return to the hive ready to serve without an ounce of pessimism!

“I do not know what a vacation is, but I’m sure it will be just spiffing!”

*READY for his boys’ trip with Spike! Very Happy *
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://new-adventures.forumotion.com

Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:54 pm
Bond:

As soon as the Queen blocked off the lab, I made the calculated decision to crawl into the vents to bypass the doors! Things… got a little scary there for a moment, when there was great fear our Queen had died. But I do sense her again now, so I keep making my way forward!

After a few wrong turns, I FINALLY make it to the lab! I kick down the vent cover and drop from the ceiling. I do a cool landing pose… Only to immediately notice that the Queen has been attacked by our guests!

I always KNEW that Jay was trouble, and it WASN’T just jealousy of how close he was to the Queen!

“Don’t worry my Queen, I’ll save you!”

232 returns to the room, holding a crowbar for some reason [he got a strong bar Wink ]. I snatch it off him, ready to brawl!  Evil or Very Mad
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:03 am
Jean:

"The FUCK?!"

I squeal in surprise when when I am suddenly jabbed from behind.

Ugh.. this is going to hurt isn't it?

The pain takes effect almost immediately and I drop to the floor in complete agony.

I begin to scream in response just as Bond comes to my "rescue" I suppose.

The confrontation only lasts but a moment before the whole hive shakes as it seemed we were being fired upon.

(The Commander) "My Queen!"

He comes running into the lab  to see me on the floor, taking our scene in quite alarmed.

(The Commander) "What is going on here?!"

He demands just as I pass out.
JayJay Sheppard
JayJay Sheppard

Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:47 am
JayJay:

Loverboy shows up from the vents I shield the crowbar with a medical tray annoyed at the interruptions.

"She looked like that when I walked in, it cant possibly get worst..."

I raise an eyebrow seeing her withering on the ground and try to tell myself this was FINE. DNA changes weren't the greatest.. I'd know.

I flinch as Ra hisses at the Grandpa Greenbean.

(Ra): "This is for Ally you big green dumb lug." *swoops behind with wings and tries to TOSS him back into one of Jean's bubbling gunky experiments holding his head down into it*

"My son's confused..." I laugh nervously at Loverboy before trying to hold on as the hive lurches under another attack.

I rush out trying to get them to order a retreat like I had any authority to do so Wink

*speaks in comm* "Odette I will PERSONALY deliver you to Michael cupcake. JEAN CANT COME OUT TO PLAY RIGHT NOW!"

How did these mopes survive without me

Odette
Odette

Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:19 am
Odette:

I playfully laugh as my 4 hives surround Jean's and use it as target practice.

My crew had nearly quadrupled in size over these past 4 months following the events of Hallowraith and I was quite eager now to finally take my new armada out for a spin.

What could I say, I've been busy Wink

(To Jay over the Comm) "I would love to see you try handsome."

I smirk in amusement before one of my ships take out their hyperdrive.

(To Jay over the Comm) "Where is your Queen hiding? Is she really too busy to speak to an old friend?"

I taunt.

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum