New Adventures
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Month 2: Animals - Page 2 Empty Re: Month 2: Animals

Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:30 pm
JD:

*The doubting scientist breathes a sigh of relief that HE was not chosen to go to the bottom of the lake after his question.*

I am surprised that my Queen orders two soldiers to accompany me. I am one of many and entirely disposable, so surely it is not for my safety. Does she not trust in my ability to fulfil my task? Then again, I am untrained, so perhaps it is the wisest decision. Yes, I’m sure it is!

My Queen tells us that the blob fish will likely be at the lake’s depths.

“Ah, so the creature may be covered in mud and decaying aquatic flora, how… apt…”

At least I have a NET so I shall not have to touch the thing!

I make ready to launch myself into the lake.

“At your command, my Queen!”
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:23 am
Jean:

I raise my eyebrow at Drone but say nothing.

He sure requires a lot of prompting now doesn't he? Wink

"Well go then!?"

I finally respond not sure what else to say.

*Fills "travel tank" with swamp water while Drone and the soldiers dive in after the fish.*
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:18 pm
JD:

At my Queen’s command, I dive gracefully into the water. Well, as gracefully as one can when covered from head to toe in foliage.

I begin my descent to the murky depths of the lake. The increasing pressure and lack of air are uncomfortable, yet entirely manageable.

Being stronger than the two soldiers, I make it to the bottom first. The darkness is not a problem, but the silt greatly reduces my visibility.

How to proceed…

“Blobby blob fish?”

I attempt to call out, but only bubbles escape my mouth.

I do what I always do when I am confused, and seek direction from a superior. I sense my Queen may not wish to be disturbed with questions at such a simple task, so I ask one of the soldiers. Before he can reply, he and his compatriot arrive at the scene.

Their appearance seemingly startles something lurking in the sludge below. I see a small round figure dart out, heading straight for me. I disappears somewhere within my grass suit.

“AH!”

I can’t see it, but I can feel it sliding around all over! I instinctively pat my arms and legs, as one of the soldiers grabs the net from my hands, and with skill, manages to catch the beast.

((A thousand thank yous, good sir!))

With that, we return to the surface and to our Queen.

The soldier who ‘saved’ me is quick to take the credit and earn our Queen’s favour. He kneels, presenting her with the net as he addresses her with a dashing smile.

(Flirty soldier): “Quite a catch, wouldn’t you say, my Queen?”

It is only then that he takes note of the fish’s hideous appearance and visibly balks.

“Not to worry, I’m sure our Queen will make it beautiful soon!”
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:41 pm
Jean:

Once Drone and his companions enter our scene, I am quick to direct the netted fish into the small travel tank for transport.

I raise my eyebrow at the flirty soldier's attempts to impress me but say nothing in response to him before admiring the appearance of the creature which the wrest of the crew took much offense to.

"Well done men, we shall now make our way back to the ship and set course to our next planetary destination."

I command before leading the way back to the transport shuttle.

Moments after we begin our journey, a low hissing noise sounds from within the trees.

I stop in place and make a hand gesture for my soldiers to do the same.

((We are not alone..))

I caution them through our mind link before a massive worm, 4 feet in height and approximately 20 feet in length, slithers around us quite interested in our fish.

I curse.

((Slowly bring out your weapons and fire on my command, aim for the creature's underbelly if possible.))

I instruct them.

((Once the creature is down, run to the shuttle immediately!))

I state the obvious for Drone's sake Wink
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:25 pm
JD:

I beam in glee at my Queen’s praise! It’s well worth every squidging step in my now-waterlogged hideous boots!

Not everyone feels the same, it seems. The soldier looks a tad disheartened that the Queen seems to be more interested in the ugly bobby fish than in him. He melts back in with the rest of the crew, his moment of glory passed, as we depart for the shuttle.

Alas, our journey does not go smoothly. A rather large worm appears before us.

“If only we could have used such a specimen as bait, I imagine that would have made our task much easier!”

I joke OUT LOUD. *New to talking, so not realising that is a terrible idea.*

The worm hisses, coming right for me.

“Would you like this one brought back too, my Queen?”

I question as I nonchalantly fire my stunner. Fear was bred out of drones long ago, so I’m not a smidgen bothered by the imminent jaws of death opening five feet away from me. I get a shot right into his maw and he squeals, not liking that one bit!
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:48 pm
Jean:

Drone speaks out loud.

I groan in response to his very obvious lack of self preservation.

"No Drone I do not! RUN!"

I snap before taking his hand and forcing him to come with me as the beast shrivels back in pain at Drone's well aimed shot.

The other wraith follow my lead, a few even proceed to fire back at the creature for good measure.

Once everyone was inside the transport shuttle we lift off the planet's surface and make our way back to the hive.

(Wraith Commander) *Glares back at Drone but says NOTHING*

I check over the blob fish one more time just to make sure he was alright before turning back to Drone.

"What were you thinking Drone?!"

I scold.
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:21 am
JD:

I hear my Queen groan. Ah, perhaps my joke was not humorous enough for her impeccable royal standards.

She does not want the worm, and I am terribly grateful. Just imagine the upkeep! For all of its unsightly faults, the blob fish is at least clean, being an aquatic beast. I hate to think of the hours I’d have needed to spend wiping up slime.

All rational though leaves my head when my Queen TAKES MY HAND!

Like a Star @ heaven *Starstruck* Like a Star @ heaven

I simply allow myself to be pulled along in a daze until we get back to the transport ship.

Then I must answer a question from my Queen. She specifies thoughts, but no time frame, so I just presume she means my most recent ones. I project them into her mind.

((I was pondering on why the Commander might be glaring at me, my Queen. I do wonder if it is perhaps born out of jealousy. You are not known as (forgive the colloquialism) a ‘touchy-feely’ sort, so I imagine such favour as hand-holding is rare, even for him.))
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:55 am
Jean:

I look down and shake my head in exasperation.

How, HOW could he not understand the situation to which I was referring?!

((Drone, put my fish into its tank in the lab.))

I command as the shuttle arrives in the dart bay.

Drone's intelligence is clearly lacking. I must look into getting him another "upgrade".

I think to myself before storming off down the hall.

Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:15 am
JD:

My Queen does not seem happy with my answer… However, she does not scold me, instead I am ordered to put the fish into its tank.

I do as I am commanded, and put the blob fish in its new home. I wait a few moments to see if it begins to look more radiant, or at the very least less hideous… Alas, nothing changes. The fish simply sinks down to the bottom of the tank and begins to cover itself with pebbles.

In the past, I would have thought that simply following my orders was all that I could do, and all I was responsible for doing. Yet today… today I feel moved to take action to please my Queen.

But what would make her happy?

I do not think my Queen shares my tastes in hairstyles or fashion or jokes [oblivious to Jean’s secret approval Wink ]… I try to remember what she has shown a preference for this day… Pyjamas… Science… Camouflage outfits… And of course that grotesque fish!

Ah, why that’s it!

I dash off to get my sewing kit and survey the available fabrics we have onboard!

After an hour of careful stitching, I humbly make my way to my Queen’s chambers. Of course, I am not of a high enough rank to be able to request a private audience. So instead, I leave my gift with one of the guards on the door, to pass on to her whenever is convenient.
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:20 am
JD's gift to Jean! It has all the comfort of pyjamas, as well as being the perfect camouflage outfit to observe her newest specimen!

Month 2: Animals - Page 2 Blob_f12 Month 2: Animals - Page 2 Blob_f13 Month 2: Animals - Page 2 Blob_f14
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:09 pm
Jean:

After taking a moment to unwind from our previous mission, I exit my chambers to discover a "gift" awaited me with one of the guards.

I take the package with slight hesitance before unwrapping the parcel and viewing its contents.

It was clothes resembling my newest specimen, the blob fish creature.

What a strange gesture? Surely this must be from Drone.

I think to myself before wandering over to his scene.

"Drone, what is the meaning of this?"

I question unsure of his intent.
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:46 pm
JD:

Once I have dropped off my Queen’s gift, I make haste to change back into my familiar drone uniform. I am unsure what to do with the damp grass camouflage suit. Is it machine washable? Does it need to be drycleaned? I can find no information label. One would HOPE I could throw it into the trash disposer – where it belongs! – but I do wonder if I might need it again. If my Queen wishes for more blob fish, at the very least we will need to capture another one for breeding purposes.

For now, I throw it into a washing machine. However, I use Drone 232’s credentials instead of mine. As such, if it breaks the machine, he shall get the blame. Hmm, I do not recall ever having such devious thoughts before… how fun!

I am just leaving the laundry room when my Queen joins me. Her presence in the Drone’s cleaning quarters is like a star gleaming through the dark of space!

“My Queen!”  Very Happy

She asks for the sentiment behind her gift.

“It is a camouflage suit of my own design! So that my Queen may view her specimen unobserved, and in the comfort of her pyjamas. Unfortunately, the soft lining came at the cost of waterproofness, so I would not advise getting into the tank. I hope the suit is still to your liking, my Queen.”

*Bows*
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:38 am
Jean:

I let out a surprised laugh before quickly covering my mouth at such a blunder.

"And who exactly is this costume meant to fool Drone? The fish?"

I  tease before trying to regain some composure.

*Subconsciously hugs costume close to chest.* Wink
Jean's Drone
Jean's Drone

Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:32 pm
JD:

My Queen REJOICES at my gift!

Internal reaction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JdDkwfK6Dk

My Queen asks me a very serious question as to the purpose of the camouflage.

“That was the intention, my Queen. I would hope that most of the crew are intelligent enough to be able to recognise your glorious presence even with such a disguise. Although, drone 232 can be a little dense, in my humble opinion…”
Jean Starker
Jean Starker

Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:51 am
Jean:

Drone seemed far too overjoyed for his own good.

I can sense his reaction, even under that face helmet.

*Pouts.*

I refocus my attention to the subject at hand when Drone responds to my question.

I look down at the plush costume highly doubting the fish would be fooled by it either.

Nonetheless I understood the sentiment all the same.

"Very well.. thank you Drone."

I reply to him, ignoring his comment regarding drone 232 even though it was completely true.

I leave him to it and head back to the lab to observe my latest specimen.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum